Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2004, 04:37 PM

Default Bellagio Friday NL 1K

Doesn't Bellagio have a 1K Friday NL weekly tourney? I think it used to be 500, but I can imagine that demand has outpaced supply as poker has grown. Has anyone ever played in it? Any recomendations for a good weekend tourney in the 500 - 1K range?
Old 07-22-2004, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Friday NL 1K

Bellagio has a $1000 + $60 NL tourney every Friday night. They run satelites for it beginning at 9 am. Satelites cost $240 and they give out 2 seats per satelite.

The tourney begins at 5 pm and is limited to 60 players plus a few alternates if interested. They usually fill it up.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:21 AM

How quickly does it fill up? I'll be flying out Thursday afternoon. If I get there after a round of golf Friday morning, will I be a safe bet for entry? Any details about experiences, play, ect.... would be appreciated.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:40 PM

Fri and sat at the golden nugget at 7pm are $230 or $330 with one lesser rebuy and one add on tournaments. Fri = $530 total cost and sat = $730 total cost. Structures are good and levels rise slowly. Nugget has two tournaments daily on all days, small one in the morning, bigger one at night.

al
Old 07-23-2004, 06:42 PM

It is usually full by noon but occasionally it does not fill up until four. At least half the field plays pretty well. They pay out the top nine. If you really want to play in it I would enter first, then play golf. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:40 PM

Apparently there's a $500 NL tourney at Bellagio on Weds... does anyone know what the field size is like for that? I may burn $130 on a sat for it when I'm there in a couple weeks.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:36 PM

I'll be playing in the friday bellagio tourney a week from this friday. Anyone have anything else to add. I saw where Paul Phillips placed in one a while back. stories? anything? It can't get here quick enough.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:35 PM

Not much to add. I play in it once in a while (if I can get there in time to play a satelite and win). Maybe I will see you there. Occasionally you will run into a player you have seen on television at your table. Good luck to you.