Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2004, 09:14 AM

Default Have You Ever Stuffed Your Pants Inadvertently?

Sandy Berger did. I am suprised that this story was not brought up by all the Bush bashers on this forum. Surely, no one would suggest that these bashers are one sided hypocrites? I wonder what they would say if a top Republican was stuffing his pants with ultra classified material?

I am trying to think of any way that stuffing your pants with classified material could be inadvertent. Maybe there was a hot chick outside the room and Sandy was simply trying to beef up his bulge and he accidently grabbed classified material to do so???

Also, if you read the New York Times or CNN you will see clear bias in the story. They completely fail to mention the facts of the case and make it seem that it was an accident. In neither story do they mention that Berger has admitted to stuffing material in his pants. Its not even The New York Times lead story and they downplay it with a title making it seem like a simple campaign issue. How is that possible? Clinton's National Security Advisor is stealing top secret documents and the times thinks Microsofts dividend story is bigger. hmmmm.....
Old 07-21-2004, 10:24 AM

Default Re: Have You Ever Stuffed Your Pants Inadvertently?

In the story I read he admitted to putting his own notes in his pocket but denied the rest and challenged a real witness to come forward with such a claim. His own notes were supposed to be cleared before taken however.

Of course were only Canada here so maybe were in on the coverup.

D.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:45 AM

In the story below his lawyer admits he took copies of several documents with him, inadvertently according to the lawyer, and may have lost one of them. He claims it was a report Berger commissioned Richard Clarke to write for him during the Clinton era; if that's the case I can't see that there would have been much to leak.

CNN
Old 07-21-2004, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am suprised that this story was not brought up by all the Bush bashers on this forum

[/ QUOTE ]

This surprises you? Now that's funny.

I'm not the least bit surprised that nobody brought it up on this forum yesterday. But to be fair here, the only thing we no for sure about this incident is that Berger took the documents illegally. The whole thing about Berger stuffing his pants (and shoes as I heard in one report) are rumor at this point and have not been proven.

Still, this whole thing is highly suspicious. And I hope, for once our govenment can do a complete, thorough and unbiased investigation of this incident and if it is proven that Bergers actions were intentional, they should throw the book at him and anybody who had knowledge of what he did.

Bubbagump
Old 07-21-2004, 10:52 AM

Yes but he only admits to putting something in his portfolio not stuffing his pants etc.

From your cnn link:

Breuer said Berger reviewed "thousands" of pages of documents during three visits to the Archives in July, September and October of 2003. He said Berger took notes in plain view of Archives staff and put them in his coat and pants pockets when he left.

Breuer strongly denied information from law enforcement sources that an Archives staffer told investigators Berger also placed something in his socks.

"That's categorically false and ridiculous," he said, adding that such an allegation had never been made by prosecutors and first surfaced Monday in the media.

Asked why Berger removed the notes if he knew it was a violation of policy, Breuer said "because there's something more important than Archives' procedure, and that's the hard work of the 9/11 commission.".

D.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:56 AM

Yes, sorry. I thought what you meant was that he was denying taking anything other than notes, whether in his pockets or otherwise.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:58 AM

"only thing we no for sure about this incident is that Berger took the documents illegally"

He hasn't been charged with any crime.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:04 AM

Although presumably taking the classified documents out is very much against the law (in the report his lawyer says taking the notes isn;t), and given that he's admitted that, I guess you are right.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:05 AM

Former National Security Advisor takes COPIES of documents, some of which were his own notes.

WOOOOOOOOO-BOY!!!! Somebody get a rope.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:21 AM

That pretty laughable. You dont think that there would be a 1000 posts on this site damning the Bush administration if Dick Cheney was seen stuffing classified material into his pockets, whether he had written the notes or not.

I would bet my life that the Bush Bashers would be calling for Cheney and Bush's head over it and claming it shows they were responsible for 9/11, they were asleep at the wheel, etc. And, to be honest, they would have a point because it would be a gross violation.

Somehow, if its Clinton's National Security Adviser than its just some notes that he wrote. No Biggie (we will just forget about the classfied report that is missing that is only allowed to be remove in a suitcase handcuffed to the person. I mean, whats the big deal - its only some ink and paper right)

Lets ask a simple question - why would he remove anything? I think the answer is crystal clear. Do you not agree?

Bonus fun question. Why would he stuff them in his pants and not put them in a suitcase if it was inadvertent. I highly doubt that a former national security advisor has a habit of stuff notes in his pocket.

fade to circa 1998
Clinton: "Sandy. Quick. We have a situation in Iraq. Recite to me the notes from yesterday's meeting!!
Berger: "Right away sir!.....wait.....um......they should be in my left pants pocket...no....wait...they are in my right pocket.....DAMN!!.....Sorry Mr. President....I need to run home. I left them in my other pants. Ill be back in 15 minutes.