Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2004, 03:00 AM

Default Late Night Poker off the air?

My TiVo didn't pick up LNP tonight, so I checked Fox Sports Net, and saw that their new show, The Sports List was on. TiVo doesn't have any upcoming episodes of LNP listed. Anyone know for sure if they've taken it off the air completely? They may just be temporarily rerunning Sports List during that slot, because they've been pushing that show pretty hard lately.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Late Night Poker off the air?

We can only hope. Worst. poker show. ever.

edit: LOL, that is my normal MB avatar 3rd eye. TOOL owns me.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:37 PM

Yeah, Late Night Poker sucks, but at least it's poker. Also, the fact that at least 2 or 3 very attractive women are frequent players on the show helps a lot. We need more Vicky Lincolns and Victoria Cohens on televised poker. It sure beats the hell out of looking at Daniel Negreanu all the damn time.

By the way, yes, TOOL does own.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:37 PM

why is it the 'worst show ever'?

to start off with you don't get to see all the pocket cards from the off, so it encouarges you to actually think a bit about the possible holdings and as it's basically 50 minutes coverage of an SnG you actually get to see some post-flop play

the commentators (esp. when Lucy is commentating) are much less likely to claim that AQo is a 'once in a lifetime poker hand' ot that '99' is 'huge' than the US equivalents..

now OK the players (devilfish excepted) aren't as good as the top players on the US circuit but I think for most of us they're more on a level we can relate to anyway...

I learn much more from LNP than from the WPT shows, although if i just want to turn my brain off the latter are obviously more 'entertaining'
Old 07-25-2004, 08:50 PM

One name. JESSE MAY.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:12 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but I just like hearing phrases like, "He's just flopped the nuts!," and "What's he thinking, he's going all in with the Montana Banana!" uttered in a whispered British accent.