Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2004, 02:38 AM

Default uhh... why are my AA always beaten?

Internet Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00)
UTG calls, 4 folders, MP caller, Hero raises with AA, SB folds, BB folds, UTG Calls and LP calls.
Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, MP calls.
Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP check raises me. I'm thinking he has the pair, but I call anyway.
River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG bets, I call, and am shown the set. Was this stupid?
Old 07-18-2004, 02:42 AM

Default Re: uhh... why are my AA always beaten?

No. Sometimes Aces lose - most times they don't. Not a real big mystery.
Old 07-18-2004, 02:44 AM

If you're playing at Party, Stars, or UB, you might find some use of bison's hand converter
Old 07-18-2004, 03:00 AM

How many times have you been dealt AA? How many times has it been beaten? How many times has it won?
Old 07-18-2004, 03:33 AM

You played this fine. It happens.
Old 07-18-2004, 06:16 AM

I have never heard of aces being beat under any circumstances. More than likely the online site you are playing at is rigged, and I'd urge you to persue this and find out what REALLY happened there.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:25 AM

I have friends who fold AA preflop sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] They claim Sklanksy tells them to in one of his books but I still haven't heard which one.

I tried setting them straight once, but they argued with me and I backed down. I was considering linking them to these forums but thought better of it.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have friends who fold AA preflop sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha
Old 07-19-2004, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have friends who fold AA preflop sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] They claim Sklanksy tells them to in one of his books but I still haven't heard which one.

I tried setting them straight once, but they argued with me and I backed down. I was considering linking them to these forums but thought better of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm. It might be when talking about tournaments in TOP, but I can't remember. I think the basic premise is that if there are 6 people remaining, you are last to act and short stacked, and the first 5 people ahead of you all go all-in, you might consider folding to guarantee yourself 2nd place. IIRC, of course. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob
Old 07-19-2004, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Internet Hold'em Limit ($0.50/$1.00)
UTG calls, 4 folders, MP caller, Hero raises with AA, SB folds, BB folds, UTG Calls and LP calls.
Flop is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, MP calls.
Turn is 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP check raises me. I'm thinking he has the pair, but I call anyway.
River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG bets, I call, and am shown the set. Was this stupid?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wasn't stupid. You say "the pair" and "the set" like its obvious what he had, and I don't know what you're talking about. Folding here would be a big mistake.

I've folded pocket aces exactly once this year and am winning with them at a rate of about 79 percent of the time.

I lost three times with pocket aces yesterday, and have now lost with them five times in a row, but all that did was knock my winning percentage with them down from 81 percent to 79 percent for 2004. I have to go back something like 250 pairs of aces to find a comparable bad run with AA. This year I've had streaks where I won with AA 18 times in a row, 15 times in a row, 14 times in a row, and 11 times in a row.

So why do your AA always get beat? I'd suggest its not because I'm luckier than you but because you just remember the beats more. Track your aces and you'll notice how often you do win with them.

--Zetack