Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2004, 09:46 PM

Default How does this look?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Is this raisable?

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Anyone 3 bet?

River: (10 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds.

Anyone lead and call a raise? Or lead and fold to a raise? Can I check fold? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Final Pot: 12 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, between Button and Hero.</font>
Old 07-17-2004, 11:58 PM

Default Bump, anyone 3 bet the turn here? n/t

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2004, 12:38 AM

Default Re: How does this look?

Its certainly possible he has TJ for the double gutshot.

If you do 3-bet the turn and get capped, you can safely check/fold the river IMO.

But, as you played it, you're not going to fold this river.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:55 AM

I would probably hesitate to 3-bet on the turn. Either the 8 made his hand or he was slowplaying. Of those hands that he could reasonably hold, you lose to K9, JT, 65, 99-77. The hands you beat are K7, 98, 87. He could also be semi-bluffing with something like a pair and a flush draw, or a pair and an OESD.

It's a close decision whether to 3-bet, but the fact that he has position on you makes me lean toward calling. There isn't too much you can do if he's semi-bluffing.

My first thought on the river is that you should check-fold. However, I don't think there are many reasonable hands he would raise on the turn that have a 6 or a J, and there certainly are some hands he would only call a river bet with that you can beat. Because you can't confidently check-fold the river with that large pot, leading and folding to a raise is what I recommend.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:12 AM

3-bet the turn. Call the river (and cry).