Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2004, 10:31 AM

Default What would you do?

Playing in my weekly home game. $25 NL .25/.50 blinds. Two tables of 6 players. UTG who is a solid player but is having quite a loose night makes it $3 to go. Folded to me (on the button) with red jacks. I raise him another $6 and he makes it $6 more. At this time I put him on AK, AQ, TT, QQ. We tend to get into some pissing contests so I'm feeling like he is trying to keep me honest. Anyways, I push for about $60 more, our stakes are relatively the same size. As he is thinking about the call, the dealer flops the cards! The board comes 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. How do you handle this? (Besides kicking the dealer in the face).
Old 07-16-2004, 11:38 AM

Default that SUCKS

This is what Robert's Rules has to say about this situation and this is how I would handle this situation in my home game.

[ QUOTE ]
If the flop needs to be redealt because the cards were prematurely flopped before the betting was complete, or the flop contained too many cards, the boardcards are mixed with the remainder of the deck. The burncard remains on the table. After shuffling, the dealer cuts the deck and deals a new flop without burning a card.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2004, 01:43 PM

Default Re: What would you do?

so what happened?
Old 07-16-2004, 02:38 PM

Some guys are better dealers than others.

Two things to help this are:

1) HAve the dealer put the cards down between rounds ie. deal the hole cards, put the deck down. deal the flop put the cards down.

2) dealer should ask if the pot is right prior to doing anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It happens in home games................ be friends and go on

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Re: that SUCKS

[ QUOTE ]
This is what Robert's Rules has to say about this situation and this is how I would handle this situation in my home game.

[ QUOTE ]
If the flop needs to be redealt because the cards were prematurely flopped before the betting was complete, or the flop contained too many cards, the boardcards are mixed with the remainder of the deck. The burncard remains on the table. After shuffling, the dealer cuts the deck and deals a new flop without burning a card.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what should be done.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:13 PM

Well, we discussed for a few minutes what the proper play would be. Being too lazy to look it up, BB showed AJs and insisted that he was not gonna call the all-in ( he hadn't seen my hand yet). I believed him, he is the only player at my game that would lay this down without too much thought. I took down the pot as if it was folded to me. The dealer is a newbie and a nice guy so nothing was made out of it.