Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2004, 10:10 AM

Default What\'s your longest drought?

Just a quick discussion thread, since I'm bored:

What's your longest sustained drought at the online tables (measured in either money lost, hands won, time played, etc.)

Last night, I was 4-tabling at Party 3/6 tables for about 5 hours...played about 1,100 hands and won - get this - 3% of my hands. No joke. That's about 35 hands won total, and at least a third of those were either split pots, blind-steals by me, or folded around to me in the BB.
Never seen anything so disgusting in my life -- I guess if I can take away anything positive from it, it's that I only lost $350, which -- for as bad as the cards were running -- is bearable, i suppose.
Old 07-16-2004, 06:03 PM

Default Re: What\'s your longest drought?

I lost $11K last October, won it back in three weeks, then lost it back in about five weeks. I switched from limit holdem to NLH, starting at the $25 max buyin tables. It felt then like I was digging a ditch from LA to Vegas, at the time.

If you're a winning player, and stay within your BR, then the only thing really lost during a losing streak is time.

MS Sunshine
Old 07-16-2004, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your longest drought?

[/ QUOTE ]

I once went 5 months... oh...your talking about poker? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2004, 06:43 PM

I am in one at the moment. The last 2-3 weeks have been horrible, probably have had 75% loosing sessions. Just as you describe, not getting any cards, and if I do, they are second best. Lots of flush and str8 draws, they just never complete, unless someone has a full house of course.

That's OK, it is teaching me patience and humility and since I play at the micro limits, the lessons aren't costing much.