Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2004, 12:31 AM

Default High Level SnG Goals - Update 1 100+9 Party Poker NLHE

After a few months this summer, I've finally found the few games I can consistently beat - MTTs and SNGs. After dropping over a grand in the 10/20 tables a few weeks back and winning it all back in 2 200+15 SnGs, I decided that enough was enough. I'm simply not a ring game player. My aggression and selectivity would go much further in SNGs. For the past 3 weeks or so, I have been playing strictly SNGs and am up over $3,000 with a mix of 50+5, 100+9, and 200+15. However, I have never recorded the results fully so I have no real idea what my longterm ROI and ITM is. I tend to get a LOT of 1sts, over 25%, very few seconds, and some 3rds mixed in. It's due to my aggression that I am able to pass the bubble with a significant chiplead.

I'm now going to start journaling and detailing all of the SNGS I play and hopefully we will all learn something from it.

Started tonight with a 100+9 SNG. Called an all in from a short stack with Kings with a low kick because I put the guy on a draw. Certaintly enough, he did have that elusive flush draw and he caught the diamond on the river. I tried to steal a few blinds before I attempted to double up to get back to a healthy stack at the 50/100 blinds level but I got caught w/ a QJ and no help came. I went out in 5th.

The next tournament, a similar thing happened. I had an an AQs raised preflop to about 80. One other caller and the flop comes KQT. I figure I had a runner runner flush and a gutshot straight so I led into the pot for 125. He raised all in with about 500 so I called. He flips over JT so he has bottom pair and an OESD. Next card JACK.. Bingo I got my straight. Not so fast though.. Last card was also a jack! His full house beats broadway.

I don't think folding to the raise all in would have been to viable. I managed to survive well while shortstacked but got knocked out in 5th again.

The 3rd tournament of the night was interesting. I had a few suckouts including a runner runner broadway. It seems like suckouts are CRAZY tonight. Managed to place second although I messed up bigtime when I had a 7500/2500 lead. I should have easily been able to finish him off. A nice hand was when I was in the BB with TT. He limps and Minraise and he raises all in. I gladly call and he flips over Cowboys. I catch and set and MHIG. That switched the lead over to me, but my KQs lost to his A7s when I raised him all in and my hand got no help..

Tournament Results:
2: 1
5: 2

I'm aiming to get a 50% ROI over 200 SnGs. We will see how this goes.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:36 AM

Default Re: High Level SnG Goals - Update 1 100+9 Party Poker NLHE

I don't play these limits, but from what I read here, 50% ROI for 200+15 tables is unsustainable. 30% would perhaps be more realistic.