Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2004, 10:12 AM

Default SpicyF Fucks With Me Again

Playing $2/$4 NLHE PS

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed)

Bruiser ($$396)
BB ($$575.70)
UTG ($$115.70)
MP ($$415)
SpicyF ($$400)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP folds, Button raises to $12, Hero raises to $35, BB folds, Button calls $23.

Flop: ($74) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets $55, Button calls $55.

Turn: ($184) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets $136, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $320

Spicy is a crazy player. He's really agressive. It occured to me after this hand was over that when I reraise preflop, I could have aces, kings, queens, jacks maybe AK but the pairs are more likely. And, if I have AK, there's a chance I might check it and let spicy bluff at it. Spicy is really good, so he must know this. Is he using that ace as a scare card?
Old 07-14-2004, 10:30 AM

Default Re: SpicyF Fucks With Me Again

Try checkraising once in a while when you do get the A AND when you have this situation. If he calls, then you're probably done with the hand.