Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2004, 10:06 AM

Default TT what do I do now?

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB raises, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB bets, UTG folds, MP1 folds, Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

I have no read on the raiser, he leads out again on the turn and I fold. Too weak?? Should I have raised PF??

-Sent
Old 07-14-2004, 10:12 AM

Default Re: TT what do I do now?

Pre-flop: Yeah, you should have raised. Given the crap that you will be called with, you're giving up a lot by not raising TT.

Flop: Good

Turn: SB probably picked up a flush draw or paired 9s or maybe has a pocket pair and just doesn't want to give you a free card. I raise, but fold to a 3-bet and bet the river if he just calls the raise.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:15 AM

Raise pf and this might play out differently. If I was SB and realized you were a tight/aggressive player I would bet many hands you beat on this turn. No pf raise from you makes it very unlikely you hold a K. I would put you on A5s, middle pocket pair, or small suited connector including a 5 before I would think TT. That being said the typical .5/1 player probably doesn't consider this and your turn fold I wouldn't say was horrible but I would call this down.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: SB probably picked up a flush draw or paired 9s or maybe has a pocket pair and just doesn't want to give you a free card. I raise, but fold to a 3-bet and bet the river if he just calls the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
This line seems fine to me. The reason I thought of calling down vs. this line first is that some weaker hands may fold to your turn raise but may bet the river unimproved if you just call down. Also you see a showdown for the same cost by calling down, although I think it is very unlikely that anything but trips 3-bets the turn so your suggested play seems OK as well.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:33 AM

I agree with all said here. Also with the raise on the turn and action if 3 bet. Don't just call here unless you have strong read that he would only preflop and bet with Js-As.