Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2004, 01:30 PM

Default $5-10 kill pot

$5-10 full kill live, kill is on, so we're playing $10-20.

Killer is just to my left and on the button. Limped multi-way to me, I limp in CO w/QJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Killer raises, everyone calls, we go off 7 ways for 2 bets each.

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Checked to me, I bet, killer raised, 2 call 2 cold I...

More action later. Flop input appreciated.

CMP
Old 07-12-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Re: $5-10 kill pot

whats the read on "killer"?
Old 07-12-2004, 01:32 PM

Raise preflop. I'd call the flop and see what comes off on the turn. I bet a non-scare turn card. Do you have any reads?
Old 07-12-2004, 01:41 PM

With all the dead money on your immediate right and all those limpers, it's a sin not to raise preflop.

I'd likely 3-bet the flop.

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 07-12-2004, 03:52 PM

Killer is aggro. He had the kill last hand and raised his blind and eventually won without showdown. I'm new to the table. Most players seem to have some measure of aggression pre-flop, but I haven't seen much post-flop raising. Actually, I've noted that the game in general seems somewhat tight, and many hands have been won with a river bet and no showdown. The number of limpers surprised me.

Flop J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I bet, killer raised, I just called.

4 to the turn.

[J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Checked to me, I...am so weak, I checked, killer checked, checked around. What's the action here, though - bet/fold to a raise? Bet/call raise/call a non [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] river?

River [J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

EP checks, CO+1 now bets, I call w/top 2, killer mucks, EP mucks, CO+1 has T9o and drags it.

So, misplayed on every street then? I had absolutely no read on CO+1, as it was his first hand back from a break, was on break when I sat. Killer stated that he had AT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I am sad.

MP
Old 07-12-2004, 04:25 PM

I might 3-bet the flop, especially against an aggro killer.