Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2004, 04:08 AM

Default Taking your stack with you online ?

I have been playing NL on stars with .25 or .50 blinds and have been having to move tables quite often when the tables break up.

Usually I have over the max buy in but when I go to a new table I can only buy for the max.

IIRC Prima sites allow you to "carry" your chips to a new table. Why don't the other sites? Or is there some trick to making that happen for Party or PStars?

Live casions let you keep your stack when you get moved from the must moves to the main game. Shouldn't the online site be able to figure out a way to do it too?

Thanks,

Hotrod
Old 07-11-2004, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Taking your stack with you online ?

i think the problem with this is that it will encourage/induce tables to have very very deep stacks. Pokerstars and party for example have very many NL tables and it will be easy to move a huge stack to another table without relatively punnier stacks.

I am not sure that this is very desirable for an online poker room as weaker/underbankrolled players WILL get busted faster.