Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2004, 02:00 PM

Default worst beat ever. *DELETED*

Post deleted by Synth
Old 07-09-2004, 02:11 PM

Default Re: worst beat ever.

Nobody cares about your bad beat stories.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:15 PM

I wouldn't consider this anywhere close to the worst beat ever. But it could be considered a loose call by the CO. He was not getting proper odds for catching the 10 on the river. You did however go all in when an opponet could be holding 10/9 for the nuts straight. Or he could have been holding KK or AA with 2 outs to beat you. If you pushed harder on the flop with your bet you may have driven him out. You should be glad he called your all in - this is profitable for you in the long run...
Old 07-09-2004, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't consider this anywhere close to the worst beat ever. But it could be considered a loose call by the CO. He was not getting proper odds for catching the 10 on the river. You did however go all in when an opponet could be holding 10/9 for the nuts straight. Or he could have been holding KK or AA with 2 outs to beat you. If you pushed harder on the flop with your bet you may have driven him out. You should be glad he called your all in - this is profitable for you in the long run...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aware of the profit you can make when a bad player chases when they don't get the proper odds.

I was also pretty certin that my set was the best hand on the turn. I really doubt the CO would call my 8x pre-flop raise with a 9T.

Also, I didn't want to push him out on the flop, i wanted to take in some money, then push him out on the turn, and that's 1 of the 2 reasons why I pushed.