51-75 miles 1 5.00%
76-100 miles 2 10.00%
>100 miles 9 45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2004, 10:27 AM

Default Worst Presidential lie.

Old 07-09-2004, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Worst Presidential lie.

I vote for Monica, not because the lie itself was worse, but because the resulting impeachment and political fallout has detrimentally changed the tenor of American politics for years to come.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I vote for Monica, not because the lie itself was worse, but because the resulting impeachment and political fallout has detrimentally changed the tenor of American politics for years to come.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont think the fall out from the Iraq war will detrimentally effect the tenor of American politics for decades then we must live on different planets.

Remember Vietnam.

Bills little indiscretion will be forgoten in no time as in comparison it is of no consequence. It didnt lead to any body bags.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:55 PM

So far we have 5 confirmed partisan morons.

Anyone else.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:12 PM

I'll go with the Monica Lie as being the "worse".

Because there was no reason to lie. I'm sure Clinton was first confronted with the rumor of an affair with Monica before it was made public. He should of immediately said, "DAMM RIGHT! And it was real gooooood. Next time, I'll even let you watch." At which point, I can imagine the Republican accusors just looking at each other with shocked looks on their faces, until finally Gingrich breaks the silence with "Well, guess I'll just go back to banging my secretary. No news here."

Now the WMD lie, is a real good lie. I mean, can you imagine any other scenario that would get America to invade and attack a country that hasn't been able to bother anyone for a decade because of embargoes, get bogged down in a Vietnam quagmire, and cost close to 900 US lives? I mean, it takes a really good lie for the American people to go along with something like that. Especially when there are such other pressing concerns, like actually going after the people who really did attack us.

Yep. That Monica lie is pretty second rate when compared to the WMD lie.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:56 PM

Why do you assume that people who voted one way or the other are partisan morons? That seems like a silly premise to me. If you already knew the answer to the question (or didn't care what the answers would be) why would you waste your time posting it? I voted for Monica. I might very well be partisan and a moron, but my vote for Monica has nothing to do with that.

Your unstated assumption that anyone who would vote for Monica is a partisan moron ironically suggests that the label applies to yourself.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:03 PM

In the interest of not being a partisan moron...

I vote for "Evaporating, liquifying, and otherwise erasing tens of thousands of civilians will save the lives of even more soldiers who are sitting in the Sea of Japan, and even if this weren't a lie, it would be justified."

This is my vote.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:34 PM

Good point.

One of the votes for Bill's lie might have been by Monica Lewinsky.

Now upto at least 6 people (Not shagged by Bill) who consider a lie about a shag worse than a lie that has killed 1000s.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, it has resulted in a permanent change in political thought. The sad part is "how did the impeachment come about?" Yes, everyone knows he lied about Lewsinsky. But was Monica Lewinsky ever an issue of foreign policy, national intelligence or anything else that will directly affect Americans? I think not.

The whole Lewsinsky issue came about when a bunch of overzealous Republicans could not come up with a valid scandal within the Clinton White House. So they had to impeach a president on the basis of getting a blow job from a fat chick and then saying that nothing happened. While Clinton's act was not a good thing, the resulting mess that followed was way more damaging to the country as a whole. And Republicans are the ones to blame for that mess.

Someone might say "if Clinton didn't perform these acts, then the impeachment would never occurred." While this is true, if the act had never happened Republicans would have pressed another bogus issue to impeach him.

<font color="red">If something that minor is the basis for impeachment, then so be it. I can think of at least a dozen reasons to impeach Bush. ALL of these reasons have more merit than the Lewinsky scandal.</font>
Old 07-09-2004, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If something that minor is the basis for impeachment, then so be it. I can think of at least a dozen reasons to impeach Bush. ALL of these reasons have more merit than the Lewinsky scandal

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly. You wouldn't have said that prior to the Clinton impeachment.