Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2004, 03:22 PM

Default My New Record

Busted out of a Pokerstars 10+1 in 3 hands and last place. My first last place and obviously my quickest exit.

Heres the hand that got me in trouble, my question.

At this level if I bet out the pot here and he reraises. I reraise back all in right? I have no read on this player.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed)

CO (t1480)
Button (t1490)
SB (t1690)
BB (t1500)
UTG (t1500)
Hero (t1500)
MP1 (t1500)
MP2 (t1420)
MP3 (t1420)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t80</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls t80, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to t300</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t220, MP3 folds.

Flop: (t710) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets t1200 (All-In)</font>, CO calls t1180 (All-In).

Turn: (t3090) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t3090) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3090

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ks Kc (two pair, kings and fives).
CO shows Th Tc (full house, tens full of fives).
Outcome: CO wins t3070. Hero wins t20. </font>
Old 07-07-2004, 03:31 PM

Default Re: My New Record

Bad beat story! I push all in preflop. If he has aces I tip my hat and say "I hate party!"

If he hits a ten I post on 2+2 and look for sympathy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2004, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push all in preflop. If he has aces I tip my hat and say "I hate party!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a bit harsh isn't it? Party even gets blamed for other sites cold decks!
Old 07-07-2004, 04:21 PM

Pretty funny Tosh. I push preflop as well.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:54 PM

ok I admit it, slightly bad beat story. Sorry to be such a whiny bastard. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, points taken on board - next time I push pre flop
Old 07-07-2004, 05:06 PM

Regarding your decision not to push preflop, what was your reasoning? If you were going for some deception (i.e., trying to trap the CO), then why did you push on the flop rather than checkraising all-in?

If you were going to just push on the flop, then you definitely should've just pushed preflop.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:54 PM

Default AA/KK - Pushing preflop?

Hi Slogger,

In all honesty one of my problems in the SNG games as opposed to the cash games is that I don't always think my actions through fully which is something I need to correct, its on a long list. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think its because in the past I have had some success with what amounts to a sort of stop and go. Here I my thoughts regarding AA and KK when your raise has been reraised.

I am assuming I have the best hand, when I have pushed pre flop in the past I normally induce a fold (I know thats not a bad thing), but on other occasions, I push on the flop with my overpair (unless the flop texture is particulaly frightening) and my opponent either

a) Lays down his hand (same net result as the preflop push)

b) Catches a piece of the flop TPTK etc and calls me and I take all his chips

c) Catches a set/flush/straight etc and calls me and I bust out.

I have had alot of a and b - and one memorable c which if it hadn't happened on the 2nd hand I would probably have forgotten.

The consensus from people earlier was a preflop push - I assume the theory is that the reraise displays strength and so I am likely to get a call anyway.

I think I need to give it more thought but I think pushing pre flop is probably right here [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2004, 06:39 PM

I done it in 1 a couple of times KK vs AA, and on 3rd in 2+2 euro sng this week, with a very badly played QQ, you seem to have done something similar to me, though not quite as bad.

We live and learn

Regards ML
Old 07-07-2004, 10:49 PM

I busted out of a Paradise $10+1 on the very first hand.
Had AA on the button, UTG raises MP player reraises, I go all-in, they both call. UTG has KQo and MP has KK. MP player makes a flush when four of the same suit hit the board and I don't have the right ace. Play long enough and you will see everything. lol
Old 07-08-2004, 01:05 AM

yep I woulda pushed preflop as well(after that raise)... but I fear it most likely would have been the same result. Most people wont throw away TT preflop after they have 300 invested.

Still this isnt anything to be ashamed of. I have had several last place finishes due to things just like this.