Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 02:07 AM

Default Normal swings

What would you say is a normal bad swing in SNGs? I'm down 7 buy-ins in 30+3s on PP (which I know is nothing) today, but it got me thinkinbg about what would be considered a normal swing. 15 buy-ins? More? Less?
Old 07-06-2004, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Normal swings

I have been playing $10s a ton lately(just got out of college, no job yet) Through 398, I am up 1245 for a ROI of 28% which seems to be not very good compared to most around here. I play 4 at a time though, so it hasn't been bad money at all. Probably around $15 an hour if you figure you should average around 5 total per hour maybe. But anyway, my biggest swings are 11 strait out of the money and my best swings are 5 Firsts in a row and 7 firsts out of 9(with a 2nd and a 4th where I lost KK to AQ on the bubble) that is my best run ever by far. My biggest losing day is around 7 buy ins, and I actually havent had a losing day since I tightened up my game. Hope it keeps up, moving to $20s this week probably.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Normal swings

The worst downturn I've had is 15 buy-ins. However, that was at the $10+1 level at paradise where was a lot a loose action. I was waiting for spots where I had the best of it and going all-in and getting beat every time. Alot of them were people calling the whole stack to draw to flushes and making it every time. About 4 or 5 times I got knocked out with pair over pair when I had the bigger pair. And the rest were getting knocked out on the bubble. Personally I think a proper bankroll should be about 30X buyin. I remember one of these SNG's I was out after the very first hand. UTG raised, a player in MP reraised, I had AA on the button and pushed all-in and they both called. UTG had KQo and MP had KK. The KK made a flush when four cards of the same suit hit the board and I didn't have the right ace.
I can't complain too much, overall I've did very well in the Paradise SNG's.
Old 07-06-2004, 06:43 AM

Default I had 16 straight loss, 2 ITM out of 27

Old 07-06-2004, 07:29 AM

Default Re: I had 16 straight loss, 2 ITM out of 27

My worst is a run of 40+ sngs with a 0% ROI, my 80/20s felt more like 20/80s lol. I guess you can expect a run of 15 out of money once every 2000 sngs (if you are ITM 40%).

Regards ML