Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Pokertracker has rated me tight-aggresive-passive?

Thanks for the replys guys, some of you are making alot of sense. I dont think im truly week tight, Id say i was in the middle between week tight and tight-aggresive. Im not sure what my Aggresion factor is right now but will check them all later. And yes my old hands are in the data base also before i made the change.

Id say i have no problems pre-flop Im as aggresive as the ssh tight chart and play tricky with AA,KK ect and limp in hoping for a 3-bet when i think the field will fold to a raise. Its post flop on the turn and river where i need the most work. Its knowing when iv got the best of it thats a problem also as the kind of players im normally up against are week-tight or week-semi tight fish that do fold easly and it does usualy mean they have a hand when they are betting. I play mainly on the cryptos at the moment at $1-2 and £1-2 the games are filled with week-tight bonus whores and thats where alot of the folding to my raises comes from, The lowest limit is $1-2 and alot of them arnt bankrolled for it and are their for the bonus therefore they are very week-tight players.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:33 PM

Remember that you are rated according to rules. If you have a question, look at how the rules are defined.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:40 PM

Well at least against weak-tight players it's easy enough to figure out where you stand; bet out. Their hand either fit the flop or it didn't. It's not as frustrating as playing against loose-passives where they check/call to the river to show you their bottom two pair anyway. SSHE largely considers loose-passive and loose-aggressive opponents; against tight-passives you semi-bluff more, value bet less, and respect raises more. Getting reraised isn't the end of the world; not winning those couple extra pots hurts.

Pay attention; when you start folding small pots to reraises, observant opponents may get more aggressive and tricky on you so you have to adjust appropriately. Call down enough of the reraises in decently-sized pots when you have a hand to prevent this from happening (or reraise yourself if appropriate).
Old 03-16-2005, 01:25 PM

You might know this, but you can filter out your old hands. Just click on the Preferences tab and select the session dates you want to examine, then go back to the General Info tab--it will re-crunch your data for just the sessions you chose. My pre-SSHE and post-SSHE data are quite different.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:38 PM

Hello

Thanks for this thread. I am labeled as TAP also. I did rerate myself but probably still went back a little too far.

My database overall is 30k hands but I rated myself on 16K

my af is 1.52, VIP is 16%

TIA, Tom