Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: I hate jacks

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah you get it...but basically, I am saying that when the pot is raised, especially with more than yourself as the caller, the chances of stacking someone increases greatly. Of course, reverse implied odds are alos a consideration, but not a huge one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys have pretty much figured out my line of reasoning. I'll often call small raises with small pps, especially if I've already limped. My requirements are:

1) The bet is < 10% of my stack
2) At least one other player in the hand also has at least 10x the bet in their stack.
3) I believe a reraise behind is unlikely

In that situation, I figure my implied odds are good enough to take a look at the flop. I play it mostly for set value, but often take down the pot if a board full of blanks falls.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: I hate jacks

[ QUOTE ]

I call this with JJ on level 1, or if I'm feeling frisky I raise to 150. Raising this to 100 makes this hand VERY difficult to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

From this and another thread of mine I'm learning that my raises are often too small. Possibly a big leak in my game. I'll try bumping them up a notch.

Thanks for the comments, all.