Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Evenkeal\'s play, questionable?

[ QUOTE ]
stop putting those stupid little spades icons on your posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

awww... its like my signature. No good?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:52 PM

ok well i'll try and regroup it, i'm a bit jaded from your bad beat post and it seems as though you are critisizing who is probably the Michael Jordan or Shaquille O'neal of the SNG world.

I do not think any of his plays were questionable, i think they are very unconventional, but they are sound and they are logical and they are well-thought out i am certain. He had purpose with each of these i am positive.

Questionable would be not knowing what you are doing, not knowing why you are doing what you are doing...i gaurantee you Giga could write volumes on why he did each of these.

So no, they are absolutely not questionable.

Andre
Old 05-09-2005, 08:53 PM

The first one I hate. He doesn't gain all that much folding equity by pushing 880 instead of say 300. Seems stupid to risk the whole tournament in that situation.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:54 PM

BTW, both of these plays I make 100% of the time almost regardless of who is in the game.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:57 PM

Believe it or not, my folding equity increases x 10 by pushing here. Everyone knows I would fold my last 500 to a reraise.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first one I hate. He doesn't gain all that much folding equity by pushing 880 instead of say 300. Seems stupid to risk the whole tournament in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in the games he plays....also, once the pot gets big enough he needs to jam in order to take it down. Think of it as an learly level 5 steal where his opponents basically can only be playing one of a very few hands that will actually call him there so early.

Yugoslav
Old 05-09-2005, 08:58 PM

come on man, just because it's gigabet doesn't mean he is infallible. ask him if he's every made a bad play. he would say yes.

obviously i know how good a player he is, but saying his plays "are absolutely not questionable" is just wrong. he makes mistakes.

he is the 23 of the SNG world, but saying "these seem a little suspect to me, why did you make them" is not unreasonable. they are high risk plays based on assumptions giga made which are not clear at all to us, there is much more than meets the eye to a poker hand, especially at this level.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Believe it or not, my folding equity increases x 10 by pushing here. Everyone knows I would fold my last 500 to a reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont quite understand this because if you had bet 300 and every folds, which I assume you had hoped, then you would have risked less to win the pot and not risked your whole tournament. Also, lets say you had bet 300 and got re-raised all-in by the straight.. then you fold and you still have 500 and a chair. Am I wrong here?
Old 05-09-2005, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the inevitable conclusion your opponents draw then perhaps you are pushing too often and betting pot too seldom at the river?
Old 05-09-2005, 09:00 PM

If I bet 300, I am getting raised nearly every single time.