Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 02:32 PM

Default Re: The Dinner-Movie Date

[ QUOTE ]
Go for drinks. That's the perfect first date. Easy to escape from if it's miserable. A little tongue lubricant to loosen things up.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH
Old 10-29-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't go out on many dates, but when I do, I try to keep the first date to something casual, like meeting at starbucks for coffee or something, or at most grabbing lunch somewhere. I haven't done dinner/movie on a first date in quite a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP probably scored on his last date when they saw Casablanca.

[/ QUOTE ]

Close. The Ring.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Go for drinks. That's the perfect first date. Easy to escape from if it's miserable. A little tongue lubricant to loosen things up.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:37 PM

Alchohol is a must--especially if you've "been out of the game" for awhile. I personally recommend something simple like shooting pool (unless you really suck at pool and she can beat you) or even going to a bar where a band is playing so the noise is really loud and you have to talk loudly to be heard. Why? It increases the amount of drinking which makes talking less important overall, it makes you (and her) look more attractive to one another, and if you choose a cool place you look hip.

Basicaly, the rule of thumb here is that unless you are a confident dater, pick something that takes YOU out of the equation as much as possible...
g
Old 10-29-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just go for drinks. That's the perfect first date. Easy to escape from if it's miserable. A little tongue lubricant to loosen things up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i met this girl at a bar a couple of weeks ago at a friends birthday party. you know, the small talk, a few beers, but i had to leave early because i had work the next day. so i got her number.

called her last weekend to see if she wanted to do something, and she said she couldn't due to previous commitments, but would love to do something this weekend.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:16 PM

I think dinner and a movie is fine, if you have a decent place and some skills in the kitchen you could make dinner for her, but you need to be sure that you can carry a conversation cause otherwise it could get real quiet real quick, the advantage here is that all the stuff in your apartment is a potential conversation starter
Old 10-29-2005, 03:17 PM

Get "shxtfaced" before you meet....Always works for me [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Side question, what type of movies are unacceptable as first date movies?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you have to play it safe, i wouldnt deviate to far from the mainstream, unless you know she has a fondness for something in particular

if you rent a movie you have a much larger selection and an opportunity for a hot cuddling session on the couch
Old 10-29-2005, 03:37 PM

What I'd do:

If you have an outgoing personality and can keep a convo going for awhile, I'd recommend just calling her spur-of-the-moment on some nice evening and asking her if she's gonna be busy for say, the next 2 hours. If she says why, just say cuz you wanna see her. Anyways, go pick her up and take her for a walk around town. Along the way, you can pick up some coffee or frolic(sp?) in the wild. You know, whatever.

Anyways, if you hit it off, I'd recommend going all out for the next date. Candlelight, rose, pasta cooked by you, garlic bread, etc... Make her feel special, and make it all a surprise. Then take her home after dinner. After that, she should melt when she talks to you.

Anyways, that's just what I'd do. I actually just pulled that same maneuver on this beautiful girl, and the results have been nothing but perfect.

Good luck man! You gotta want it!
Old 10-29-2005, 03:39 PM

i want to take this advice seriously, but then i look at your avatar, and it totally kills it.