Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2004, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Seriously Hungover

yeah i thought it seemed weird when i typed it.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:45 PM

My senior year at college they had a senior week - i.e. "Drinking week".

The rest of the school goes home and they plan activites for the seniors daily until graduation. All of them involved alcohol and they were all sponsored by the school!

I lived off-campus but had a friend with a conveniently located townhouse on campus which we made home base for the week. Before the week began we stocked the tub with ice and a keg of Labatt's. This was for personal use - not for sharing.

Day 1 - (Monday) - Wake up 8 am drink out of keg until 5 pm . 5 pm got to school barbeque (more drinking). 7Pm back to keg. 11 pm down to the bars.

Day 2 (Tuesday)- return from bars at 3 am couple more keg cups. 4 am sleep. 7 am wake up for the school sponsored "drunk trip". Get loaded onto buses for 2 hour drive - drinking beer the whole way. Arrive Alex Bay about 10 am. 10 am - 2 pm drink free beer in the bar. 2 pm - 5pm drink beer on a boat tour. 5pm-7pm drink on the way home. 8pm go to bars.

Day 3 (Wednesday)

3 am return from bar goto sleep. 7 am wake up and start on keg again (damn they hold alot!). Things get blurry here but we basically drank until 8 pm with some visiting of other townhouses mixed in. 9 pm at the bars for the school sponsored "bar crawl" - go to every bar in town and drink free!!.

Day 4 Thursday

Bed at 4 am again. Wake up 9amish - skip the greek drinking affairs and try to put together a barbeque. I assume we drank the rest of the day - I am not sure.

Day 5 Friday

I really don't remember other than the keg was gone and I know I was at a bar at some point.

Day 6 - Saturday.

I ended up at home somehow. I wretched all sorts of neon green bile for the better part of the day. I couldn't stand to hear myself breathe. My whole body ached, I was shaky, sweaty, hot, cold, I wanted to die. Eye open and eyes shut were equally bad.

Day 7 -Sunday - I think graduation day

I am glad I don't officially graduate until mid year as there is no way in hell I am making it off the bathroom floor yet. Still vomtting every time I drink something. By the end of the day I could sleep again - yeah!!

Days 8-10

Felt like someone took my soul away. Tired, achy, and miserable. I slept the whole day away on day 9.

Day 11

I am alive and feel almost normal.

I think of it now and remember it as a good time....

Orange
Old 10-04-2004, 01:08 PM

yeah i thought it seemed weird when i typed it.

And by "weird" you mean "familiar".

PS. Congrats again!

GoT
Old 10-04-2004, 01:59 PM

you must prepare yourself for a night of drinking. i always drink a lot of water anyway but this seems to dampen those blows from a hangover.

the worst is when you have a hangover and have to do something. nothing like going to work the next day after a 4am night of 4 dollar pitchers and yeager bombs. that was a long day in the back of the work truck bending metal for a job in the middle of the summer.

cheers
beer

----does anyone really believe in the ol' saying about that beer before liqour [censored]?
Old 10-04-2004, 02:09 PM

once I had an all day hangover following a night involving a lot of absinthe and shots of campari. to this day I have trouble drinking absinthe because of that night. absinthe hangovers are the worst.

--turnipmonster
Old 10-04-2004, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
----does anyone really believe in the ol' saying about that beer before liqour [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always screw it up when conveniently drunk. Can't keep it straight:

Beer before liquor your in the clear.
Liquor before beer your in the clear.
Beer before liqour all the sicker.
Liqour before beer all the sicker.

I don't think it matters much if your drinking both it is a good way to get sick.

Orange
Old 10-04-2004, 03:01 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i think the liquor before beer thing is an urban legend
Old 10-04-2004, 03:15 PM

The Brit saying goes:

"Dont mix the grape with the grain."

As in, dont drink wine and spirits.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:22 PM

i drank almost a gallong of vodka in about 30 minutes one time. Then drank beer, Apparently, in addition to wondering around a 300$ a night hotel in chicago and asking where the laundry room was so i could have sex on a washer with my best friends girlfriend, i also was the color of a washed out white sheet, looking dazed and disoriented. I was still puking 4 days later. Its a good thing i am a large man or i would probably be dead. Apparently there was a debate, amongst my debate team ironically, about wether or not i should go to the hospital. being underage, the answer was no. I dont remember any of this.

Fortuanatly, ive learned to handle my liquor now, and can space out that same gallon of vodka to at least 75 minutes.

peace

john nickle
Old 10-04-2004, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think i'll do that again for a long time

[/ QUOTE ]

that doesnt sound like any fun---dont worry im sure your friends will steer you in the right direction

cheers
beer