Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: The man that exemplifies Bush/Cheney ethics

His name was Livingston. He was going to be Speaker of the House, but thanks to Larry Flynt of Hustler, his hypocrisy was exposed.

Bob Livingston.

link
Old 04-14-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: The man that exemplifies Bush/Cheney ethics

[ QUOTE ]
I just hate, on any issue, when someone does a politician does something wrong, 2/3 of their party flock to their side, excuse the action and point out how the other side did it. They fail to mention that when the other side did it first, they found 'it' to be unexcuseable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. But the big uproar about DeLay seems artificial. And it's a bit hypocritical for the dem leaders who are pushing this to be doing so as they've done much the same things. I hate to play the "hypocrite card" but there's not much else you can say about it. If DeLay is guilty of ethical violations and is formally charged with such, fry em.

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention the Clinton years... but I remember when they were going after Clinton for the Monica ugliness... one of the Republicans involved in the proceedings stepped down because he was having an affair, cheating on his wife. The other Republicans pleaded for him to stay. (I wish I could remember his name so that I could reference it.) It struck me that the guy stepping down showed some integrity... while his peers were showing their lack of principles and pure partisanship.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, my problem with the Lewinsky-Clinton scandal was that Clinton lied under oath. Do I really care whether the Prez gets a hummer every now and then? Not really (immoral though it is for him to be cheating). The lying about it is what I think hacked most Republicans off, and it seems like a strawman when Clinton-lovers claim that the reason Republicans didn't like it was because of the bj. Oh well.

[ QUOTE ]
It just makes everyone look like a bunch of donkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]