Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: I hate poor people

it's a bit of a grey scale in my opinion

i feel a little sorry for poor people in first world coutries, but i feel more sorry for poor people in third world countries
Old 06-05-2005, 07:00 PM

can i borrow $5?
Old 06-05-2005, 07:04 PM

If everyone in the world lived the lifestyle of the average American the world would have to be nine times larger in order to handle the resource requirements.

Some people have to be poor.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:05 PM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.

It's apparent that the OP doesn't, but if anyone reading this actually cares about these people, maybe you should consider finding away to help these people more directly.

The point was made, and I agree, that these people need way more help than you can give with just a few bucks. Take the time to talk with them, and try to see if you can help them or help them get the help they need.

I would say nearly all of the extremely impoverished people in this country have severe mental disorders, drug and alcohol addictions, or both. From what I know/have experienced, the thing that helps these problems is human contact.

The most valuable thing we can ever give is our time.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you assumptions are wrong and offensive, but ignoring that, if someone is stupid, why do you think that means that they deserve to be poor? People don't choose to be stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not talking mentally challenged stupid. Im talking the kind of stupid where you cant afford a door for your "house" but you spend $45 on pizza the day your welfare check comes out.

Getting off the freeway today I see a guy in proly his mid 30s who had no obvious malformities, holding your typical "im poor please help me" sign. [censored] that guy. He doesnthave to be there begging for change, and I dont care what anybody says, that man is capable of making honest money. 2 blocks down the road there is a group of mexicans who made one helluva hard jounry to get in this country, whove been standing there since about 5am waiting for someone to pick them up and give them some back breaking manual labor to do, and then get paid less than $5 an hour. Of which they send most of back home to thier family. But trailor trash whitey on the freeway corer would rather beg than do honest work that people who have it much rougher than him, risk thier lifes just for the opportunity to do.

I love going to walmart and watching some dirt poor family buy groceries. Lets see, weve got no money and we live in a shity house, what should we buy? oooo, I know, lets spend $20 on beer. Lets see, if I bought ingredients and cooked food we could save money and use it for things we need, but naah, I cant be troubled with that, Im gunna buy these $5 frozen pizzas instead. oh hey, cookies!

These arent assumptions, this is the reality.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, a large percentage of poor people in America are fat.

Is this a great country or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good nutrition is much more expensive than bad.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If everyone in the world lived the lifestyle of the average American the world would have to be nine times larger in order to handle the resource requirements.

Some people have to be poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

just making sure we're on the same page, what you mean is some people have to be poor for america to exist the way america does, yeah?
Old 06-05-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, a large percentage of poor people in America are fat.

Is this a great country or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good nutrition is much more expensive than bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is sooo wrong. You can feed a family 50 times cheaper by cooking decent food, instead of being a fast food whore (which isnt a coincidence that most people are).
Old 06-05-2005, 07:12 PM

Respect level down, way down.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Respect level down, way down.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can differ in opinion with someone, but to lose respect for a person who is being honest is stupid.