Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I hate poor people (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=266502)

Alobar 06-05-2005 06:44 PM

I hate poor people

There I said it.

I dont get why everyone is always saying "we need to help the poor". The poor are poor for a reason, they are either stupid or lazy (usually both). I have better things to do with my time and money then to waste it on people who are undeserving of it.

yes there are exceptions (as there are to everything), and im sure there are people out there somewhere who are poor and a helping hand would be good for them. But this is the exception, not the norm.

the only poor people I feel sorry for, are children, because they cant help that their parents (or parent) are stupid or lazy.

istewart 06-05-2005 06:44 PM

Re: I hate poor people

This will make for a good Sunday night read [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

tbach24 06-05-2005 06:47 PM

I think charitable giving is bad solely because of the corruption within most charities and the fact that a portion of those who you physically give it to (panhandlers) won't do it to better themselves.

I actually have no proof to back either of those statements up, just what I've heard.

slickpoppa 06-05-2005 06:48 PM

Are you referring to poor people in America, or poor people in general?

Alobar 06-05-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you referring to poor people in America, or poor people in general?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I shoulda prefaced that. I am refering to poor people in america.

spamuell 06-05-2005 06:50 PM

I think you assumptions are wrong and offensive, but ignoring that, if someone is stupid, why do you think that means that they deserve to be poor? People don't choose to be stupid.

Cubswin 06-05-2005 06:52 PM

I think charitable giving is bad solely because of the corruption within most charities

www.bbb.org

miajag81 06-05-2005 06:54 PM

It should also be pointed out that many so-called "poor" people in America have things like cars, cable TV, cell phones, and $150 sneakers that people in many other countries could only dream of.

ChipWrecked 06-05-2005 06:58 PM

Also, a large percentage of poor people in America are fat.

Is this a great country or what?

(Fat, drunk and poor is no way to go through life, son)

(Gawd, I wish our firewall would let me read 2+2 at work)

mason55 06-05-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think charitable giving is bad solely because of the corruption within most charities and the fact that a portion of those who you physically give it to (panhandlers) won't do it to better themselves.

I actually have no proof to back either of those statements up, just what I've heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a study somewhere that shows what percentage of your money goes to the cause for all the big charities.