Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 01:14 AM

Default Re: now i\'m really cross

[ QUOTE ]
Guilt by association? Sure, in this extreme case.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've got to be kidding me! You don't really feel this way do you? I know some hillbillys do but not intelligent people. Thats why we in the USA have a constitution, to protect it's citizens from Government abuse. Unfortunately GWB's goon squad has torn that document up.

I bought a Glock 37 a few months ago. It's a beautifuI 45 caliber pistol that cost $750 with the extra's. I bought it not because I fear from a terrorist, but because I fear from people that think like above. Mostly ignorant redneck types. These kind of thinkers that you just mentioned (I'm really hoping that you are joking) are a much larger threat to American freedoms than any terrorist ever dreamed of accomplishihg. This type of thinking is exactly what the terrorist want, an America that has no freedom or rights.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:07 AM

By the way, it's also true that by far most college professors are liberal or left-leaning, Democrat rather than Republican

I would tend to agree that most professors are liberal, if you limit the topic to social liberalism. That is they are more likely to be pro-choice, anti-guns, for human rights, prefer peace to war, against the death penalty etc.

I also suspect that this has to do with the fact that they are generally better educated than the general population. Good education generally makes people more willing to challenge the status quo (and social conservatives are more likely to want to keep the status quo) and believe that there may be better ways to do things than what has been previously been done.

I dont know if college professors are economically more or less liberal than the populace.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:47 AM

Just what a true brown shirt would say. Like the Reichstag, you blame who you are told to blame. Many posters here have identified MMMMMMMMM as a fascist. Your true brown shirt colors muddy the reputation of believers in liberty.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:14 AM

Horsesh!t. Anyone hanging out in Afghanistan with al-Qaeda and the Taliban is the fascist who is trying to kill YOU. Take the blinders off.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:16 AM

Bullcrap. Anyone hanging out in al-Qaeda training camps should have had a bomb dropped on their heads along with all the other terrorists.

Giving them the benefit of the doubt is RETARDED.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:21 AM

I'm not talking about commentators, I'm talking about reporters who commentate or slant their stories instead of pure reportage. The biggest name reporters in the U.S. slant their stories while giving us the news instead of just reporting.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:27 AM

As I said, he should have had a bomb dropped on his head in Afghanistan. I agree that we should not terribly mistreat those we captured alive. The problem though is that those who are ideologically committed to violent inernational jihadism, once captured, can never be safely released. In a sense, their own deluded minds have consigned them to a dismal fate.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:32 AM

You know I almost feel sorry for you. It must be tough living in a perpetually paranoid state of self delusion and denial while single mindedly following the extreme right wing nonsense that has hijacked your thinking.

Perhaps some therapy would be advisable.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have the option of either capturing them or killing them (assuming that it is just as "safe" to capture as to kill) then it is morally wrong to kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? If they are committed to wage violent war against us eternally, why is it wrong to kill them? A mad dog must be killed. And even though I do not generally favor the death penalty, I think those like Jefrey Dahmer or Son of Sam should be killed, because they are incorrigibly sick and will remain a grave menace to others as long as they remain alive. I don't think it is wrong to kill a virulent virus, or an incorrigible serial killer, or a jihad warrior who will never change his views and who will always plot to injure and destroy us, or a terrorist who delihgts in taking innocent life, or a tyrannical dictator such as Saddam Hussein or Kim Jong-il.
Old 06-12-2004, 09:36 AM

Default now you are on tilt,

Don't expect Americans that believe in the Bill of Rights to cower to your fascist rantings.