Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2004, 07:31 AM

Default Re: now i\'m really cross

What's un-American about trying to kill an enemy who is already trying to kill you?
Old 06-11-2004, 07:34 AM

I too am concerned about Gitmo, but anyone who was captured hanging out with al-Qaeda in Afghanistan should be considered lucky to be alive. And it appears that is exactly what this Hicks guy was doing.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:38 AM

The media companies may not necessarily be all left wing, but the media reporters, by and large, are liberal or left wing. There was a study done on this. (By the way, it's also true that by far most college professors are liberal or left-leaning, Democrat rather than Republican).

Who writes the stories, who does the reporting? We get the liberal or left-leaning slant nearly every time Blitzer, Rather, Koppel, Jennings or a host of others open their mouths.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:49 AM

The people responsible for 9-11 are named Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Tenet, Wolfowitz, and Rice.

I think your post qualifies to suspect you of terrorism. They could place you in prison, deny you Habeus Corpus and access to an attorney, and then sodomize and beat you.

Quick, MMMMMM, you still have time to flee to a country with no extradition
Old 06-11-2004, 08:24 AM

My comments apply only to those who were in Afghanistan hanging out with al-Qaeda--like Mr. Hicks.

Your absurd comments about the Bush administration being responsible for 9/11 show a lack of analytical ability.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:52 AM

It is one thing to try and kill them in battle. It is another thing to put them in cages, deny them any rights, and treat them inhumanely. That is un-American and historically the people who have done these types of things are the Saddam, Hitler, and Lenin types. It is NOT American, it is not about individual and human rights.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:55 AM

If you have the option of either capturing them or killing them (assuming that it is just as "safe" to capture as to kill) then it is morally wrong to kill.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:56 AM

I would like to see this study. I suspect it is either 10 years old or funded by a right wing group.

Name 3 prominent left wing commentators (like Rush,Liddy etc) who dominate the airwaves? I cant think of one, unless the Gore/Dean types have gone on the air since I went overseas.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the media reporters, by and large, are liberal or left wing. There was a study done on this

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt that is true at all. If you choose a profession where the first amendment is your lifeblood, you are, more than likely, going to support causes/politicians who show greater concern for civil liberties than their opponents.

[ QUOTE ]
We get the liberal or left-leaning slant nearly every time...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because someone votes for a democrat doesn't mean that they give you a "left-leaning slant." I think this is where the claims of liberal media bias miss the mark. The same can be said of college professors --- just because they might tend to be more liberal doesn't necessarily lead to liberal indoctrination.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:18 AM

MMMMM is right, for the most part most reporters are left leaning, however it was also found that most editors were found to be more conservative.