Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 04:52 AM

Default Re: Yet another

I don't want to get involved, but it just struck me as funny that the guy with the Ron Jeremy pic by his name could possibly be conceived as the "kind who thinks that 'good girls don't have sex.'"
Old 11-29-2004, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Pet Peeves

[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely hate it when I'm walking in an aisle or sidewalk or whatever, and there is a group of people walking in the opposite direction. And this group of people is walking side by side and there is not enough room for them (2 or 3 people) and me to all be side by side on the sidewalk at once. And their group of people does not collapse temporarily, they make me stand aside while they pass. Super gay.

[/ QUOTE ]
People who just stand and linger around in doorways (usually talking) irritate the hell out of me. I have CMT (a variation of Muscular Dystrophy that affects my legs) and as a result I have very poor balance. When some fat slob is just lounging in a doorway, I often bump into them (usually unintentionally) unless it is a really large doorway. This drives me nuts. Most of the time I'll say "excuse me", but quite often I'll bump into them anyway. But I'm not really concerned with hurting anyone's feelings if they are too stupid to not understand that they shouldn't block doorways.

I wish I was about 6'6" and in good physical condition, then I would just flatten the fat slobs.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:05 AM

Tourists on the London Underground. This is where all sorts of annoying behaviour comes to a head. Blocking escalators, blocking platforms, blocking the entrance to a train that's about to leave, swinging into you with backpacks etc etc. There should either be an exam to pass before you're allowed to take the tube, or only London residents should be admitted. Preferably both.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:19 AM

Also, people who eat with their mouth open.

Hmmm, there are loads more but my mind has gone blank.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:36 AM

How about people that won't let you get off the elevator before getting in themselves?

Or cashiers that ask if you have anything smaller when you try and pay for something with a $20 bill?
Old 11-29-2004, 10:51 AM

Lousy tippers, particularly those who've been in a business where employee's incomes are based primarily on tips. I went out for a few beers with my buddy a couple weeks ago and the bartender was someone we had both worked with in the restaurant business. She kicked us a free round and generally took better care of us than any other bartender there ever does. I give my friend enough cash to cover my drinks plus a pretty generous tip. He pays with a credit card and while he's fumbling with the slip he mumbles, "$5 is OK, right?" Um, yeah dick, if you want to insult the girl who just gave you a free round.
Girlfriends who try to turn anything and everything into a [censored] confrontation. "Hmmm....I'm lacking drama in my life. I think I'll pick a fight!" No [censored] bueno.
Crappy beer.
MY sister goes and buys a BMW, then cries that she can't afford a Florida vacation. As if she could afford the vacation BEFORE she bought the car.
Crappy steak. Also, burnt steak.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:11 PM

A few of mine

1- As somebody mentioned, people who have conversations in the middle of sidewalks, doorways and other high traffic areas. This is especially true in super markets once you factor in shopping cards, or on walking/running paths with strollers.

2- Anybody over the age of 18 who has their mother call their college to try and solve problems. If you're old enough to take a college class, you're old enough to handle your own business.

3- People eating on while on the phone, especially if they made the call. Just horrible.

4- Kinda with people who wait till it's their turn to act to stand up in poker, smokers who can't pick good times to go outside and smoke. My sister is horrible at this, if she needs a smoke, no matter what she's doing, she'll drop everything to fill that need.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:10 PM

So I'm at work, in the public restroom, throwing down on a nice, peaceful curveball, when some nasty dude sits down in the stall next to me and starts playing the ass trumpet so loud I can barely think. I mean, in your home is one thing, but you should exercise a little bit of restraint when you are in public.

Rick Diesel
Old 11-29-2004, 03:36 PM

i hate it when someone uses the rest of the toilet paper and uses the empty roll and spinner to rest the new roll on.

replace the roll and throw the tube away dammit, youre just sitting there anyway.

cheers
Old 11-29-2004, 04:59 PM

I have the counter to the bad tipper thing. The waiter/waitress who expects that lousy service is perfectly fine. And contrary to the entitlement mentality of waitpersons in general, bad service is NOT uncommon, nor is mediocre service. Same goes with the attitudes that come with. GOOD service is far less common than it should be -- giving good service seems like a no-brainer to me, as even one customer can make a decent difference in your hourly rate. I'm constantly amazed by waitresses who, when you ask them for a napkin or a new fork or a refill glass of water or iced tea, come back 10 minutes later or have to be flagged down 15 minutes later because they forgot. Now my food is cold, I've been thirsty a long time and so I haven't wanted to eat and get even thirstier, etc. Taking a new order or wandering around chatting up friends does NOT take priority over taking care of existing customers, especially if it just takes a 20 second trip to the counter to pick up a couple of napkins or something. I can't count the number of times I've had to go up to the serving areas myself and ask for a fork or a refill or something because the waitpersons really didn't care one way or the other when, if ever, any of your needs were addressed.