Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 11:02 PM

Default A side note- propping

Whenever I have mentioned propping in messages here, I usually get a couple PMs inquiring about it. I'm not at all here to advertise, but if you want to discuss how propping works, whether it would be a good fit for you, where you might get started, etc., I'm willing to cut a few PMs back and forth.

2ndGoat
Old 08-23-2004, 11:14 PM

Default Re: To go pro or not, and where?

the only reason playing live seemed so exciting is cause it was new to you, if you got bored playing online for the summer id be willing to bet the excitement you got from playing live isnt gonna last either
Old 08-24-2004, 01:06 AM

Default Re: !!**UDPATE, 1 YEAR READ THIS ONE**!!

[ QUOTE ]
My long-term goal, independent of poker, is to retire (or perhaps more accurately, not need to work) at the earliest second possible. I really believe I dislike mornings, fixed hours, and limited vacation time more than 99% of the general population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever seen the movie boiler room?

"You ethier sling crack rock or have a wicked jump shot. Theres no honor in that after school job at mcdonalds flipping burgers any more"

Most of the general public hate all those things just as much as you, but few can actually do anything about it. No one wants to work there ass off there whole life in a job they hate, but most people have no choice. You were lucky enough to find something you enjoyed in poker, and even better it lead to a new position, that you now enjoy at your current job.
It great to see that you are finally are doing something you like. Stick with it and good luck in the next 12 months
Old 08-24-2004, 01:43 AM

I still don't get how someone who says "I only felt truly comfortable at a table full of fish/semi-fish (and possibly a couple skilled players that I would just try to avoid), I'm now feeling a lot more comfortable with extracting profit from a wider range of skills and styles" can even CONSIDER 'going pro'?

It just sounds silly and naive. And seriously, no disrespect.

And you said you want to study cards a few hours a week. Pro play and/or study at least 8 hrs a day, 6 days a week.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:06 AM

the joke here to me is that you think youll only be working 40 more years and only 40 hours a week should you choose the corporate route...

randy
Old 08-30-2004, 04:16 AM

What exactly is silly about this? It is not naive, it is coming to an understanding that there is money to be won even as you move up and play against better players. In other words, with more experience, the OP feels comfortable in many different game conditions.

This seems to me a big step in going pro.

-Michael
Old 08-30-2004, 07:47 AM

I believe you will find the 150:300 stud games at Foxwoods the most profitable game that there currently is on the planet.