RATM does not beling on the list.

Utter crap.

Gooday.

P.S.: Tom Morello is ok.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: 90\'s music

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Like all classic art, it is widely misunderstood; yet to some, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea has become a riddle the likes of The Wasteland-- an impossibly rich text that begs to be deciphered, yet continually evades any singular interpretation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this quote hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I can't believe the guy actually compared them to freaking T.S. Eliot. I can just see him sitting alone in his room, wearing horn-rimmed glasses and a corduroy jacket, believing that he is some sort of arbiter of good taste whose talents are wasted writing reviews for the unwashed masses.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:23 PM

Oasis
Old 04-18-2005, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this includes any genre of music, there are only a few contenders. To not include the most successful artist of the 90s (Garth Brooks) would be a shame, especially with some crap named "Neutral Milk Hotel" being nominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

One more follow up...

This is a "best of" not a "most popular" contest.

There is a significant portion of the music listening population that doesnt know who the velvet underground were. That doesnt mean they were not one of the best bands of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope you're not saying Garth Brooks isn't among the best. There's a reason he packed Central Park and sold out every stadium he ever played worldwide, and it wasn't clever marketing.

(I also know who the Velvet Underground were, but this whole idea quickly turned into "best rock band" - which really isn't fair to any other genre of music that totally lacks representation. George Strait belongs too, but he doesn't fit into just one decade.)
Old 04-18-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hope you're not saying Garth Brooks isn't among the best. There's a reason he packed Central Park and sold out every stadium he ever played worldwide, and it wasn't clever marketing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like country music, but at the same time recognize that GB has a lot of talent. (same thing with, say, radiohead).

I dont feel I can really say what is great country music and what is good country music, as I just dont have an ear for it. (same with, say, classical)
Old 04-18-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like country music, but at the same time recognize that GB has a lot of talent. (same thing with, say, radiohead).

I dont feel I can really say what is great country music and what is good country music, as I just dont have an ear for it. (same with, say, classical)

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair 'nuff - at least you're not just being a typical hater (can't stand all that hillbilly music [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])