Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2004, 11:08 AM

Default Re: Can I call this on the flop?

to you and do Afk above, as I point out above, its actually cheaper to post in the Co in a ten handed game than it is in the BB. So you don't need any elaborate justifications to do it, it actually makes a lot of sense.

--Zetack
Old 06-28-2004, 11:14 AM

Hell you can call any thing you want, it's gambling after all.

That said, no you can't call here [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Just dump the damn gutshots unless you have the right pot odds. 8-1 on a 10.75-1 shot isn't it. And if you start thinking implied odds to talk yourself into the call, at least make it a gutshot that uses two of your cards.

There's just nothing at all appealing to me about putting any more coin in that pot.

--Zetack
Old 06-28-2004, 11:38 AM

Well you're already not drawing to the nuts which is a good reason to fold anyhow. But more to the point because of the 10 on board you're really only using 1 of your hole cards to make your straight as your 5 doesn't play anymore. This greatly increases the chance that you're drawing to a split pot or even possibly drawing dead.

Combine this with the fact that the pot is not offering you immediate odds of 10.5 to 1 and its an easy fold.

If the 10 was not there the decision would be much closer IMO but would still be a fold. Basically, don't pay to draw to gutters where only one of your hole cards is used.