Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: weird hand

[ QUOTE ]
Too early in the morning stil on my first cup of coffee, I make mistakes like this for at least an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Know how that goes [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 10:46 AM

Are you saying that if you raise "for information" you will fold to any bet that comes back your way with the stack sizes as they are?
Old 10-28-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would just call, you have a great chance to stack him if a non-diamond falls on the turn. Also you can get a call from the blinds...

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were your opponent, regardless of my hand -- draw, J, or 7 -- having you flat call is what I would most hate for you to do. So that's what I'd do.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:56 AM

Lots of people want to call here but I prefer raising due to the people still to act. I don't want to give somebody a good price to overcall on a diamond draw.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise pot. If he's on the J, he folds. Overpair folds. 7 and kicker calls or pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you trying to make worse hands fold and better hands call? Or was this post sarcastic? OP wants to make money here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying to get information. I have trips but a marginal kicker and I have NO clue what my opponent has. I cant make money if I am beat already.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but you're plan loses you money when you're beat and loses you money when you're ahead. You are costing yourself future bets from weaker hands which are in Villain's hand range.

Or, perhaps we should simply fold here to avoid a confrontation with the other 7-better kicker villain must hold. As you laugh and say that this plan makes no sense, consider how close it is to your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, I hate it when I get smacked around like this. I hate it even worse when you're right. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raise pot. If he's on the J, he folds. Overpair folds. 7 and kicker calls or pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you trying to make worse hands fold and better hands call? Or was this post sarcastic? OP wants to make money here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am trying to get information. I have trips but a marginal kicker and I have NO clue what my opponent has. I cant make money if I am beat already.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but you're plan loses you money when you're beat and loses you money when you're ahead. You are costing yourself future bets from weaker hands which are in Villain's hand range.

Or, perhaps we should simply fold here to avoid a confrontation with the other 7-better kicker villain must hold. As you laugh and say that this plan makes no sense, consider how close it is to your own.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, I hate it when I get smacked around like this. I hate it even worse when you're right. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, other very good players agree with you, just for different reasons. Typically for me, however, every time I take a stand on a hand, I end up alone and shivering on Idiot Island.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry, other very good players agree with you, just for different reasons. Typically for me, however, every time I take a stand on a hand, I end up alone and shivering on Idiot Island.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the feeling. Happens to me a ton. But like I like to say - I dont mind being wrong, as long as someone will explain to me why - preferably using little words.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:21 AM

I make it 220 right away.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:22 AM

do what you do with nut flush draw/ 89d.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The most over valued term in poker

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet still pretty important.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you get more information out of calling and seeing how villain reacts on the turn