Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Why Daniel May Have Been a Big Favorite.

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the posters who point out that Sklansky's pointificating

[/ QUOTE ]

Sklansky is pontificating by pointing out why Daniel may have been a favorite? OK I don't get it but o.k. What makes you think that Barry Greenstein is a Heads-up expert? Besides we are not talking fundamentals. The math of situational analysis heads-up might be the most important aspect of this type of play. Not that it is extremely complicated but it is significant and might require more than just a cursory review to learn enough to compete on Negreanu's level. I'm not positive that this is the case, again just a guess.

That Sklansky guy does have a big ego, though. But I don't think he believes he's the Pope. Heck I don't think he's even Catholic.

Vince
Old 05-18-2005, 02:08 AM

I think you should play Daniel. Just imagine how many more books you would've sold if you beat him... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2005, 02:13 AM

mr. sklansky needs to man up and play daniel negrenu.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:45 AM

Default Re: Duh...

"Clearly she is going to reraise liberally from the BB, play unimproved A-x hard"

I wasn't talking about hands where you have an ace. If the button raises and the big blind calls and then checks, the button has lots of earn betting nothing if the big blind needs a pair, any draw, OR an ace to call.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:54 AM

"Too me, you look quite pathetic commenting on a game you won't play. Put up or shut up."

I'm guessing that if I told Daniel I would watch a match of his from beginning to end, make notes and give him my comments and analysis afterwards, but only if he paid me a thousand dollars, he would do it. You evidently wouldn't pay a penny. Which is why your poker future is almost certainly dismal.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:59 AM

DS,

a) you need to learn to start writing "pwned" or something at the end of a post as good as that

b) i suspect he'd pay way more than that, and that you'd probably want more than that, since your time is worth more.

citanul, who's surprised that a discussion that's sort of exactly produced in your books is garnering this much non-understanding.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DS,

a) you need to learn to start writing "pwned" or something at the end of a post as good as that

b) i suspect he'd pay way more than that, and that you'd probably want more than that, since your time is worth more.

citanul, who's surprised that a discussion that's sort of exactly produced in your books is garnering this much non-understanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's great, i'm lol
Old 05-18-2005, 03:12 AM

slansky why no response to me?
Old 05-18-2005, 04:09 AM

Default Re: Duh...

I made this reply in another thread on the news forum. It applies here. I stand by my comments. There is no way that Sklansky is not a favorite over Negreanu in a heads-up match in most poker games. And Sklansky knows it!

"An accomplished NL player almost certinly understands the math of the game better than the accomplished limit player. But heads-up experience probably tips the scale towards the limit player. But I bet not by much. As for Sklansky and other math types (known to be limit experts) that thouroughly understand the math of all poker situations they might have a big edge heads-up. Despite what Sklansky is saying he is probably a favorite in most types of poker games (heads-up) against Negreanu. As is Andy Bloch, Fossilman, Greenstein, Baldwin, Malmuth, Brier (Holdem), Lederrer, Reese and some othes. As for the math expertise of these fellows, I know a few of them personally but Reese, Bloch, Baldwin, Greenstein and Lederrer I only know by reputation."

Vince
Old 05-18-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
slansky why no response to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe because you called him dan?