Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Battle of the blinds, flop a set on single-suited board - $33

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Every single time I see a suited board I take a deep breath and say to myself "don't go broke"

It's easy to convince yourself that he doesn't have the flush or he is drawing to the Ace.

I think keeping the pot small on the flop is a play that not many players make in this situation, but building a pot now quickly leads to the "well if he's got it (or gets it) maybe I'll hit my boat....too many chips in the pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really think the OP played the hand the way he did because he had a tremendous fear of a made flush on the flop. He kept the pot small because their were two big draws on the board and was waiting to raise a safe turn. If the turn was 2c and the villain pushed, I can almost guarantee you that the OP would have called. I know that I would have.

If I have a set, I'm never going to give a heads up opponent credit for a flopped flush here. On a safe turn, I'm putting a big bet in.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if he flopped the flush he gets some chips, but I try to make sure he doesn't get them all. See the cheap turn, bet enough on the turn to make his A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] a bad call. If he hits the flush hope he gets cute thinking you have a smaller draw and checks or value bets (leaving you hurt but alive)
Old 07-15-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Battle of the blinds, flop a set on single-suited board - $33

fwiw, he had 87o, with the 8 of diamonds, so turned the straight.

I actually really like how I played it (though it could be results-orientedness talking), but I wanted to get some different perspectives on it.