Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: weird position stat

[ QUOTE ]
sigh.. does my reasoning why BB would be greater than SB make sense? sometimes i feel people only read half my posts. i'm saying this might be normal for 6-max even over a longer run.

[/ QUOTE ]

once we see 1402 hands we stop reading and usually dont respond either.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:38 PM

thanks.

i give up on this forum.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks.

i give up on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, lets think about why we dont like small samples. People can have 200bb downswings in 1402 hands. People can have 200bb upswings in 1402 hands. People can break even in 1402 hands. People can also have a weird stat in the 2 off the button position. People can also win out of the BB and SB over this size of a sample. All kinds of crazy [censored] can happen in 1402 hands.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:52 PM

let's say i get a free play in the BB and fold every SB hand. how many hands would i have to win from the BB to give myself more of a net amount than the SB? because in the BB i give myself a chance to win bets from ohter people to make up that deficit.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:54 PM

I suppose that's plausible but then you'd also be losing way too much in the SB by folding every hand. So the only reason that would work is because you are in essence artificially inflating your SB loss by failing to play even remotely optimally. It's like saying your winnings UTG could be greater than on the button if you folded some big hands on the button. Sure, but why would you do that?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:57 PM

I tried getting a good discussion going about position stats here , but unfortunately there were not that many responses.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let's say i get a free play in the BB and fold every SB hand. how many hands would i have to win from the BB to give myself more of a net amount than the SB? because in the BB i give myself a chance to win bets from ohter people to make up that deficit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you ever want to do this? It doesn't make sense and is extreamly neg. EV

But, you would just have to make up the difference between the SB and BB, which in a 1/2 Blind struchture is .25 BB.

So you would have to make a profit < -.25BB/100 from the BB. Which isn't hard at all, my BB is -.18BB/100...and I'm pretty sure that's pretty bad because the database i have mostly consits of a 40K breakeven stretch (used to be a downswing).

cheers
Old 11-27-2005, 04:12 PM

you mean greater than .25? i just don't see why it's surprising to have BB > SB when i almost always see the flop in BB but not as much in the SB. yeah BB is twice as much but i can also pick up pots which more than make up for that.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you mean greater than .25? i just don't see why it's surprising to have BB > SB when i almost always see the flop in BB but not as much in the SB. yeah BB is twice as much but i can also pick up pots which more than make up for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

<-.25/100 (greater than negative .25/100).

If you played in a game where nobody ever raised, and you got to see the flop w/ every hand from the BB, you might have a BB w/ a winrate better than the SB, but I still don't know about that since your BB winrate would have to be .25/100 better than your SB, where you're only entering the pot w/ +EV hands.

I don't know, but in any normal game, this isn't going to happen.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Call every time UTG and see if you only lose .06-.11 BB. Also the fact that you can lose less in the SB then the BB is a proven fact. If you play enough hands you will see this.