Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   weird position stat (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386149)

11-27-2005 02:06 PM

weird position stat

net amount from each position:

BUTTON 31.95
1 33
2 1 (?)
3 25.9
BB 15.89
SB -45.91

over 1402 hands. what i don't get is first off all, my 2nd position net, i guess this could just be bad luck i guess. secondly, the SB being negative but BB being positive?

i think this is because i get to get a lot of free plays from the BB, and so i have a chance to hit a hand a lot. one because there are less players i'm more likely overall to have the best hand, two because with less i am more likely not to be raised to preflop and have to throw my hand away many times.

while from the SB i'm folding weak hands as usual.

damaniac 11-27-2005 02:09 PM

Re: weird position stat

[ QUOTE ]

over 1402 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any deviant statistics are probably mostly due to this.

11-27-2005 02:10 PM

that's what i think about the position 2, but that's still just awfully strange. i think there's a reason, just like with the SB/BB. what do you think of my reasoning?

Cancuk 11-27-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
net amount from each position:

BUTTON 31.95
1 33
2 1 (?)
3 25.9
BB 15.89
SB -45.91

over 1402 hands. what i don't get is first off all, my 2nd position net, i guess this could just be bad luck i guess. secondly, the SB being negative but BB being positive?

i think this is because i get to get a lot of free plays from the BB, and so i have a chance to hit a hand a lot. one because there are less players i'm more likely overall to have the best hand, two because with less i am more likely not to be raised to preflop and have to throw my hand away many times.

while from the SB i'm folding weak hands as usual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of players can play this amount of hands over a couple of hours. Also, automatically you're BB is -.5BB per orbit, so this means you've won a fair amount of hands from the BB over this amount of hands. But, again this means nothing because of sample size.

11-27-2005 02:19 PM

sigh.. does my reasoning why BB would be greater than SB make sense? sometimes i feel people only read half my posts. i'm saying this might be normal for 6-max even over a longer run.

11-27-2005 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

over 1402 hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Cancuk 11-27-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sigh.. does my reasoning why BB would be greater than SB make sense? sometimes i feel people only read half my posts. i'm saying this might be normal for 6-max even over a longer run.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, it doesn't..because you automatically lose .5BB from the BB every orbit. while from the SB you're losing .25BB (dependent on blind struchture), and usually only coming into the pot with a +EV hand, therefore, over the long run, the BB will be a much larger loser than the SB.

11-27-2005 02:26 PM

what if i always get checked to in the BB? i get to see plenty of free flops that i'd never see from the SB.

damaniac 11-27-2005 02:32 PM

You'll lose a lot less than .5BB for that reason, but you aren't going to show a profit. Remember, the flop is only "free" because you don't have to put in additional money, but you already put in money: the blind. So it isn't really free. That you get to see free flops a lot contributes to winning a much higher % from the blinds than other positions and showing greater winnings from there absent the blinds, but being forced to put in a SB OOP with a random hand will never show a profit longrun. If that were so, you should autolimp every hand that isn't likely to be raised, since you'd have the same scenario as the blinds but with better position.

Cancuk 11-27-2005 02:32 PM

you're still losing .5BB in the BB whether you get to play or not, which is more than in the SB.

You lose more in the BB than the SB in the long run.