Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Re: My first posted hand.

First, put your reads before your hand.
Hand 1:
The initial preflop call could be considered loose. However with the limpers in front of you on what appears to be a loose table I think it's fine. Sucks you got caught in a big melee there but I also think it's fine when you called two cold back to you. POT WAS HUGE!!!
Rest of the hand good.
Hand 2:
Put this dude in your buddy list.
Even against this nutcase you don't want to be capping here with this hand.
Flop is fine
Turn you might be able to find a fold in as your K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] are tainted.
River: Why are you doing this? Why not check behind?
Old 02-07-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even against this nutcase you don't want to be capping here with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

"This guy is 98% VPIP and 77% PFR"

KJs is pretty far ahead of the average hand this guy is raising/3-betting here. This cap would be very standard for me, especially with BB still in. Why is everyone saying it is bad?
Old 02-07-2005, 10:26 AM

I mainly didn't like it because BB was still in. I probably should have said that. Not heads up, BB cold calling 3 bet usually means a decent holding, probably better than KJ again though I wasn't at the table. Also simply, I'm just posting my thoughts, I'm thankful you think differently and I see your point.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:30 AM

If BB was very tight then I do see your point. I don't agree against an unknown but I understand what you're thinking.

My post wasn't just directed at you. I'm just very confused as to why so many people are saying the cap is bad in hand 2 when I look at it and it seems very good. Anyone else want to give their thoughts?
Old 02-07-2005, 10:29 AM

Chief I think the PF capp is tough with BB still in. That said I think post flop is where the hand was misplayed.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:23 AM

Hand #2 I don't like the river cap and it is a flop fold but close and a turn fold for sure.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:52 AM

Hand number 1 is badly misplayed.

1. Fold preflop. Calling the cap is not happy, but whatever, in for a penny in for a pound at that point.

2. Do not raise on the flop. Wait until the turn to raise. You have the aggressor to your right, and two players to your left you can force out. Your flop raise just handcuffs all draws to the pot, and even with top two, your hand is vulnerable to the board pairing 6s or the turn card, an ace or king falling (giving trips), etc. Protect your hand.

3. turn played fine

4. river fine since you hold the mortal nuts. I presume BB turns over JJ?
Old 02-07-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Do not raise on the flop. Wait until the turn to raise. You have the aggressor to your right, and two players to your left you can force out. Your flop raise just handcuffs all draws to the pot, and even with top two, your hand is vulnerable to the board pairing 6s or the turn card, an ace or king falling (giving trips), etc. Protect your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone else agree with this?
Old 02-07-2005, 04:41 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

No.
3 reasons:
1. The pot before the flop is 28.5 sb. Even if it goes bet-call-call-call, that's 32.5 sb. Facing 4 sb when u raise the turn gives proper odds to gutshots still to see the river. I suppose u can get small pairs that could set up to fold by facing two big bets cold, but u will be giving them improper odds on the flop by just raising it then.
2. The button did re-raise PF, there is a good chance that he will raise the flop if u call and then those in b/t with draws will call one more or two if bb re-raises creating an even bigger pot.
3. You cannot be assured that BB will lead the turn especially if button raises. I suppose u can still c/r the button, but in general, i don't think u can be assured where the turn bet will come from.

This of course all depends on people understanding odds, but this pot size means most people are staying around with any reasonable draws regardless.

I am much in favor of ramming and jamming here.
Old 02-08-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. The pot before the flop is 28.5 sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking about hand 2, you are looking at hand 1.