Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: My own pokerchips.com order

[ QUOTE ]
Shame there's no one doing 'key' molds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely. I found this searching through chipguide.com. New 1958. Would be sweet if someone was using this mold now.

Old 01-16-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Owl mockups

Well, here's what I came up with so far. Owl on both sides, one side with denominations, the other side with initials. As I said, my photoshop skills need vast improvement.

Please keep the feedback/opinions coming!

Old 01-17-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Owl mockups

Something like this...

Wasn't sure what letters you wanted?? so I just put these in

This owl background was a little cleaner image... not sure what you were looking for but if you like this owl bkg better I can send it to you. Is the owl of any significance? I still like a greek gods theme, though.

Also, I'm not sure what graphic limitations you have (if any??) with pokerchips.com? Someone else may know...

- Fins
Old 01-17-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Owl mockups

That's definitely a much cleaner image. Very nice. I do prefer the design/shape of the owl I picked, but it's definitely a mess, you're right.

As far as I know so far, the only restriction to art is fitting it within their 7/8" inlay. I already asked them about doing a bigger inlay, and was told they don't do that anymore. No major significance of the owl except that it is the symbol for Athena and was on their ancient coins. So far I haven't found great images for various Gods. And I started to think about keeping the set on the simple side, and not going for 8 different graphics. I'm still not 100% committed to anything yet, just a Greek theme. If anyone has any good images, please post them or PM me.

Heh. Aside from my wishy washy graphic ideas, I'm ready to place the order right away. Here's where I'm currently at for colors:

Non-denom (25¢) Day Glow Yellow / Imperial Blue
$1 Blue / White
$5 Red / Black
$25 Green / Day Glow Pink
$100 Black / Day Glow Green
$500 Purple / Arc Yellow
$1000 Orange / Light Green
$5000 Chocolate / Day Glow Peach
Old 01-18-2005, 12:19 AM

Default Another possible direction...

How about Greek mythological creatures? I think graphically they would be more striking than the Gods (and I can still keep the owl [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) I'm still in search of graphics or symbols for the Gods, but this idea just popped in my head, and I like it...

Cerberus, Pegasus, Centaur, Hydra, Medusa, Siren/Harpy, Chimera
Old 01-19-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<snip>
25¢ Dayglow Yellow no edge spots (100)
<snip>

[/ QUOTE ]
They list the Day Glow colors as only "edge spot colors" on the site... can you get chip bodies that color? I thought they were limited to only the edge spots. Can you only do that if they are solid color?

Just curious,
Fins
Old 01-19-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They list the Day Glow colors as only "edge spot colors" on the site... can you get chip bodies that color? I thought they were limited to only the edge spots. Can you only do that if they are solid color?

Just curious,
Fins

[/ QUOTE ]
You can use the Day Glow colors as chip bodies. A couple of their sample pictures are such, and I did call and ask. They did say the day glow bodies would be a little more fragile, and not replacable should they crack. I'm not too concerned about that.

Looking at TheWhale's very sweet order, I wonder if I should go with a different edge spot for the DG Yellow body chip rather than the Imperial Blue. Maybe Chocolate or Pink? Or is the light blue a good match? The chip will be in play mostly with a Blue (medium/dark blue) with White edge spots.

Anyone else have any ideas or opinions on my graphics or ideas so far?