Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2004, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Resigning from Party

i had the same problem, already having a party and empire account.

i moved though, and since empire requires you to send a copy of a utility bill or something similar to change your address on the account, i just created a new account and when they called to see why i created a second account, i told them i did it because i didn't have a utility bill i could send them, but i wanted their information to be up to date. i told them they could close my old account since they only allow one account per person. they did this with very little hassle, just the phone call.

in other words, if you don't have a history of doing stuff like this, and you have some relatively logical reason for creating a new account, they probably won't screw you over.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wrote Party an email to delete my account, but they never did and I never followed up on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They flat out refused to delete my account, and instead just locked it, asking me to call them when I wanted it unlocked.
Old 10-17-2004, 02:29 PM

There is an urban legend story that some people were able to sign up with Empire or Party a few weeks later after they got the confirmation from support indicating that the account was going to be closed. I don't know the veracity of those claims. I think the worst it can happen is that they will not allow you to open it that soon.

JAque
Old 10-17-2004, 03:08 PM

you really don't need to wait 6 months beernuts. I have an account at party, empire, and eurobet. I usually play two at any givin time to play more that 4 tables. Same name, address, phone number and netteller account on all of them. Rakeback deals on all of them. They just want your business. If your playing an honest game they won't hassle you.

Steve
Old 10-17-2004, 06:01 PM

I'm currently on my 3rd party account. You can close them by e-mail but you have to be firm and persistent. It will usually take like 3 or 4 e-mails. Just keep telling them that for whatever reason you won't be playing anymore and you want your account closed immediately. Ask them to e-mail you to confirm your account has been closed. They'll do it:

Dear XXXXX,

As per your request, your account XXXXX has been closed. We thank you for the suggestion about
the higher stake games and assure you that it has been forwarded to our management.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at
alerts@PartyPoker.com and we will be more than glad to assist you.

Best regards,
Logan Nichols
Investigations Team
PartyPoker.com
Old 10-17-2004, 06:25 PM

this is a very interesting thread..thnx morgant and mmcd for the valuable insights.

Not getting rakeback is costing me ~ $1000 a month that adds an extra 20-25% to my annual income.I need to rectify this NOW..I've been being what a thought was honest not jepardizing my status with my 5 Party/skin accounts but the gig is up.No mas..time to get with the program!
Old 10-17-2004, 06:38 PM

How long did you wait before you signed up the new account after receiving the confirmation e-mail of the closing?

thanks

JAque
Old 10-17-2004, 07:14 PM

I understand having a rake rebate deal is a big advantage, but as soft as the games are on Party, is it really +EV to leave there for 6 months to get one? I just can't imagine it would be. I'd like to see someone do the math on that one.

Good luck,

Fitz
Old 10-17-2004, 08:12 PM

They would never know, are they going to go to this fake persons house? Party poker dont care they are getting paid.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:16 PM

Or have your dad, mom or brother sign up under the affiliate and use their account. Why wait 6 months.