Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2004, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Heres another point to consider.....

study and reading are fine, but it means little untill you the theory into practice. Experience is just as important if not more then book learning. You are not going to get better by playing fish. But yes, you are right, your wallet will get fatter by a BB or two at the .5/1 limit games
Old 06-28-2004, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But yes, you are right, your wallet will get fatter by a BB or two at the .5/1 limit games

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it Mr Kerry? Does Party have the softest tables or not?
Old 06-28-2004, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But yes, you are right, your wallet will get fatter by a BB or two at the .5/1 limit games

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it Mr Kerry? Does Party have the softest tables or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down Mr. Bush Jr. there is no oil here.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:22 PM

"Just becasue this is the zoo, not everyone is a troll, spammer, or conspiracy nut."

No, but that's the way to bet given no other data.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time or promote Party, I'm an a non-practicing affiliate with several forum known issues with Party.

You're right I don't know much about UB's games at the moment since I stopped playing there awhile ago due to poor games. If a respected 2+2 poster said that the games had suddenly changed I would most likely take UB up on one of their bonus offers they send me.

First, all modesty aside, I excell at game selection. I never look at pot averages. I look at the games. Every one in the sections that I play. I play 30K+ hands a month between Party and PokerStars. You're premise that the quality of the games is close is at best self-delusional. Those here that make a living, and many other winning respected posters, playing internet poker would agree with this statement. If you wish to be taken seriously here please stop calling black white and trying to convince those that know the difference otherwise.

I like Phil Hellmuth, but anyone selling poker strategy without taking position into account is on par with someone selling chainsaws to kindergardeners.

Your post about beginners, and students of the games, playing in tougher games to improve the quality of their game has merit and would make a good thread here. I would completely disagree with it, but the debate would have value.

MS Sunshine
Old 06-28-2004, 03:26 PM

If experience was more important than book learning all the old guys at the B&M I play at who have been playing poker since before God invented dirt, wouldn't suck as bad as they do.

I'd stake the player with a 1000 hours of book learning and 0 hands played over the player with 1000 hours of playing time and zero book learning hands down.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:46 PM

Thanks for a post with some thought out content. You are absolutely right about game selection. This is one factor I mostly choose to ignore. I don't play poker for a living. By and far, I play for sport. If I think a game is tough, I don't mind, I'll still play and try to beat it. I could play tougher opponents at higher limits, but money becomes an issue there.

I do this for a solid reason though. I have a lot of interest in tournament poker. You don't get a choice of who you play in tourneys and I am developing a game where I feel confident no matter who is at my table.

Why do you play at PokerStars at all? I assume since the games are "so much easier" you make more at Party then at Stars. Is this a big differnce, or with good game selection do you find that theres not much of a differnce? Stars is another site that doesnt kick back much the players so there is no overlay there. Im just curious. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If experience was more important than book learning all the old guys at the B&M I play at who have been playing poker since before God invented dirt, wouldn't suck as bad as they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres a funny quote from Tom McEvoy about this:

"these guys that play horrible and say that have 40 years experience really have 1 year experience 40x over becasue they never leared to think"

In that same DVD, Phil Ivey and Dan Negreanu say they learned how to beat poker games before they ever started reading books.

Im not arguing about the value of books, I'd be posting on RGP if I didnt think they were the single most responsible thing for my success in poker. I just realize that book knowlege is just ideas untill you get experience.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:04 PM

A couple other things MS. If youre earning a living playing poker, then I doubt youre playing the .5/1 up to 2/4 games I've been talking about. Im not calling black white, Im just calling it the way I see it. It's not self delusional. I don't know about the higher limit games but I would suspect they would be better at Party given the sheer dominating volume of players. My argument is about the lower limit games.

Also, being a pro, I doubt you would learn anything new from Phil's DVD's, but I honestly think you would find them interesting. There a lot of stuff he goes over and I think all serious players will like it. Im not a shill, I just want to hear someone elses opinion about them.
Old 06-28-2004, 05:21 PM

Syntax you have sparked debate but are not happy when people disagree with you.

You as you say dont play often and play more for fun, therefore to be honest I dont see how you can come on here and tell people that they should not be playing at Party.

There are some people multiplaying 1/2 2/4 etc as a second income, some to build experience and bankroll to move up to the next level, people are playing 20-40hrs a week online and you come on and tell them they are wrong.

People have explained that other companies give ex customers benefits to get them back, people have said they think Party sucks but they play there for a reason and the rason is to make money.

You have put your opinion forward in a number of similar threads, get the bee out of your bonnett and let the discussions die instead of adding additional threads to the same old issue.

You will be doing a is party rigged thread next and the idiots like Gabbyy (who I notice has gone stupid the last week or so again) will line up to back you, but the experts on here those playing for a living (even at low limits) many hours a week will still play on Party.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd stake the player with a 1000 hours of book learning and 0 hands played over the player with 1000 hours of playing time and zero book learning hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as I get to pick the experienced non-reader I'll take that bet for as much as you can stand.

Books are fine, they can accelerate your learning curve but there is not a damn thing in any of them that an intelligent, thinking player cannot learn from experience. And there are plenty of readers who cannot put the book learning into practice.