Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: losing 1/2 a buy-in with 72

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
stack sizes are awkward for river blocking bet.

I would just fold to the turn minraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amoeba,
What do you think of a flop checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]

it lets you know more clearly where you stand but risks getting it checked through. but given that a hand like 22, 77 is more unlikely due to your own holdings and JJ being unlikely because no preflop raise and J7 a rather strange holding for most players, I am not sure you need to know more clearly where you stand. if it was JT2 and you held T2 the brunson, it might make more sense to check raise as JT is a more believable holding.

personally I think villain hit his top 2 on the turn so in this instance it might not help that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same read as you on villain turning top 2. This hand is one of the rare instances where I don't mind making some worse hands fold due to a flop checkraise because my hand is only getting worse and more difficult to play as the hand continues.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im agree (fold or push).

by calling you will be all-in in the later street anyway !

personnaly i fold this one on the turn reraise!

[/ QUOTE ]

actually I thought about this and its definitely not a push situation. The best play would be folding to the turn minraise. As played, however, I make more against kq/AQ which would probably fold to a push, but will flat call my river bet. it obviously did not go all in on the river when, given the action, I can be very certain I'm beat and save $25 bucks since I was too slow on the uptake to save the other $30 (turn call $10 plus blocking bet)
Old 09-23-2005, 06:12 PM

I'm not so sure about folding this river. You're getting nearly 5:1 on a call, so you only have to be good here ~20% of the time. I do believe you are beaten a majority of the time, but I think you'll see A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or pure air as possible holdings at least 20% of the time. If villian had a little more money to push then it would be an easy fold, as is I think I'm calling. JMO
Old 09-23-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Terrible. Push or fold on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
care to elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh . . . do not flat-call the turn raise? Lean towards folding but if this guy is a donk then push?