Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2004, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Newbies first time in Vegas report-long

i was glad to read this... i'm going to vegas tomorrow night for the first time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i see excalibur has been recommended for small stakes NL - anybody got any other recs?
Old 09-01-2004, 07:49 PM

Binions 2/4. Easy as hell, full of people who go there just because thats where the WSOP is. I was drunk and still won $150 there in 3 hours.
Old 09-02-2004, 06:49 PM

Fyodor,

That variation of limit hold'em you played is called "spread-limit" and is rarely played now in Vegas. The player always has the option to bet the max structure bet, but in effect, it's an unstructured game. It makes for more interest game short-handed at higher limits, but essentially it's crap at small to even medium limits - dealers hate it, players get confused, etc, and it generally makes for smaller pots.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Binions 2/4. Easy as hell, full of people who go there just because thats where the WSOP is. I was drunk and still won $150 there in 3 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Binions just to see what it was all about, and because it was close to the Gamblers General Store (had to buy my supplies!). Played 2/4 twice for a total of 6 hours, and I was up $300. It was a blast, for the first time I was able to completly apply the strategies learned via SSHE in a B&M enviroment.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I was referring to was that on each round of betting(preflop,flop,turn,river) they allow a bet and then four more raises after that making it five bets on each round.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have played at the Stardust. There, they allow a bet and five raises. There's nothing like 6-betting pre-flop. Sadly, I've never gotten a chance to do it.