Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2004, 07:59 PM

Default pokertracker question

i play mostly on ub, and it seems like a major pain to download the hand histories onto pokertracker. couple of questions.

1, does anyone use pokertracker for ub and know a good way to download the hand histories, perhaps automatically?

second, i know there is a another database package similar to pokertracker, and i am hoping it will be easier to use with ub hand histories. anyone know what is it called and if it works with ub? thanks for any help.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:45 PM

Default Re: pokertracker question

njm,

I use pokertracker with my UB hand histories. It's still a bit of a pain, due not to PokerTracker, but UB's hand history request deficiency. I ritually keep a spreadsheet to track table, buyin, cashout, first hand, last hand, etc. in addition to the pokertracker DB.

You can request hand histories via email (support@ultimatebet.com), but - depending on the support person, they may tell you that they have a 200 hand/day limit on those requests. Due to this limitation, I generally pull them manually. Optimally, after each session.

The quickest way that I've found is to use the keyboard.

1. Open the hand history window.

2. Type in the first hand number in the correct field.

3. Hit <tab> key to go to the "Request ...." button

4. Hit the space bar to activate request.

5. Hit <tab> again - you're back in the hand # field.

6. hit Up Arrow key to increment the hand number

------ Repeat steps 3 thru 6 until you've gotten all of the hands and then save the file.

It sounds ridiculous, but I figure that if I don't have the discipline to pull my hand histories to track my progress, then I shouldn't be investing my time and money at the NLHE tables to begin with.

p.s. Keep your eye on the hand number field while doing this - occasionally, you will get a glitch and jump too many hands to increment.

If anyone else knows of a better method, I'm all ears. I love PokerStars ease of hand history retrieval, but also love UB's Mini-view when playing 3 tables simultaneously.

- Snake