Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Not sure I played this correctly, comments appreciated

Reads on the other players: UTG+1 is a decent player, MP2 is a little loose, CO is a decent player and BB is an unkown, but I haven't seen any obvious mistakes in about 30 minutes of being at the table with him (small sample size though).

Does my fold seem correct here? I realize there is only 1 overcard, but I don't like the check raise on the flop. Makes me think that I'm looking at needing to hit 1 of my 2 outs to win this hand and the odds aren't there to call to hit those outs.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
Old 08-22-2004, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Not sure I played this correctly, comments appreciated

I'd fold the turn as well.

-b
Old 08-22-2004, 06:38 PM

1. I'd fold this UTG if it was a LAG table, if it was weak tight, I may raise and loose passive I'd call. I'm still not liking your position.

2. I'd check/fold here. A bet is fine but fold to the reraise and especially to a c/r.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:41 PM

I like the flop bet, but I'd probably fold to the c/r. If I was going to stay in this hand, I'd favor 3-betting over calling the c/r in order to try and knock out the other two players and play this HU.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:55 PM

a lag table is exactly the type of table you want to play your pocket pairs in, your sets get paid off huge. a limp utg with 99 is spot on.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:49 PM

I was afraid that I was letting it go too easily, but it seems that most of you don't have a problem with how I played it.

Thank you for the input. The comments are greatly appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]