Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2004, 05:19 PM

Default Weak tight w/ AA?

Should I slow down here?

Early in the session, but opponent hadn't seen many flops.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
Old 08-22-2004, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Weak tight w/ AA?

I'd probably play it the same way. If he's not seeing many flops, he may be a decent player, and his open-raise could just mean "decent hand," but since it was capped before it got back to him there was no opportunity to show really how good it was preflop. With this flop, I'm afraid enough of KK, TT, or KTs (which I too might open-raise with in MP3 occasionally if the players behind me were tightish) to call down after the flop cap.

-b
Old 08-22-2004, 06:16 PM

Well played. I play this the exact same way.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:22 PM

I think you re-raise the turn. If he caps, then you slow down. I think he has AK.

Don't be too afraid of monsters under the bed. If you've lost this hand, you've lost to KK or TT, but you have to see what he will do with your re-raise on the turn before slowing down.

Still, I think you played it OK.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:29 PM

Assuming MP3 is a good player, if he caps the flop and you bet out on the turn you are telling him his capping meant very little to you. Most good players in this position with something like AK would then merely call down to the river. The net result is the exact same amount in the pot as the way our hero played this.

On the other hand, if he had a set, he'd raise the turn and you'd cost yourself an extra BB. Since our read up to this point is that he's not seeing many flops, meaning he's most likely not a maniac, I think our hero played this perfectly.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:18 PM

Default Results

Good call, he ended up with AKo, just wondering if I should've gotten a few more bets out of it. Thanks for the feedback.