Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2004, 02:00 PM

Default UB antee stage AK...

Thought I might have overplayed this hand to take it down, any advice appreciated.
UTG = 4k
ME = 5.5k
button = 20k

150/300 blinds + 450 from antees. UTG limps, folded to me at CO+1, I have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and bet 900. Button calls, utg calls.

3 handed flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG checks, i go all in for pot + 1/2, both fold. Button said he had a10, I said nice laydown, but should I have tried to draw them out for more even with flush draw out there? Later I thought if someone did have a weak ace they could have pushed the turn or even made the positional flop bet. And the UTG could have had any pp lower than ace which could bet after a checked flop.

Anyone else think betting pot and a half was too excited, or should I have been content with taking down a large pot at that stage of the tournament?
Old 08-21-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Re: UB antee stage AK...

With a pot of 2700 and you now holding 4600, you should want to go all-in. You can't afford for somebody to draw and make a cheap flush, especially at this stage and your total chip position.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 08-21-2004, 06:17 PM

all in
Old 08-22-2004, 05:49 AM

NO it was a good play. Even going all in pre flop is not bad here. The thing one really does not want to do here is slow play be agressive with a short handed table like this.