Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2004, 08:47 PM

Default 15-30 Flopped set

Hawaiian Gardens 15-30 last night, loose aggressive table, 2 EP limpers playing every hand, MP loose guy raises 2 more callers behind, I call in BB with 55 as do the limpers. 6 way action flop is

6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet out EP limper who happens to be a house player, raises me, we get 2 more callers including the preflop raiser, I 3-bet, he caps, both players still call. Turn Brings the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet out again, same guy raises again, we still get 1 caller and its back to me, what's your play?

-D.J.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:52 PM

Default Re: 15-30 Flopped set

Raise. Can't put him on 66 or 34 yet, and you're charging the flush draw. He might play 88 this way, and it's just too soon to slow down. If he caps the turn, check-call the river unless the board pairs. If it pairs friendlily, bet and call a raise. If the flush comes in check and call one bet.

I imagine since you're posting that he had 66 but that doesn't mean you were wrong to stay aggressive.

Does it?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:02 PM

I'd 3-bet it again. There's no way he has 34.
If he has 66 pay him off, and if he has 34 I'd never leave that table with him there.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:06 PM

3-bet again. I'd probably check-raise the turn hoping to trap the 2 cold callers behind the PFR.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:51 AM

Yeah, raise. Yes, he could have 66 or even KK but otherwise the board isn't too scary.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Results

Ok, so I played this badly b/c everyone here says to 3-bet. In the hand I slowed down and just called, the river brought the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I checked, and it gets checked around and I say oh [censored] everyone checked, so of course my hand was good, no one else showed nor did I ask them to. I definitely left money on the table.

-D.J.