Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2004, 10:58 AM

Default Pokertracker stats, give me your thoughts

I've played mainly .5/1 and 1/2 6 max at Party and average over 3bb/100 at both levels with about 15k hands in each. The last couple of weeks I've been playing some $25 NL at Party. Here are some stats, let me know where I can find improvement.

4000 hands
VP$IP 13.95
VP$SB 24.89
folded SB to steal - 100.00
folded BB to steal - 66.67
Att. to steal blinds - 15.70
W$WSF - 33.53
WtSD% - 19.65
W$SD - 52.21
PFR% - 5.14
67 hours
bb/hr - 9.08
bb/100 - 15.48

Aggression
PF - .53
Flop - 3.92
Turn - 3.62
River - 1.83
Overall - 1.20

Folded to riverbet - 69.81

PFR% and folded to riverbet I feel are my biggest concerns. For now I am trying to play very tight since I've never played NL before. I will limp from pretty much any position with any PP 88 and under. 99 and TT I sometimes limp, sometimes raise, depends on position, limpers, etc. Typically I'm more likely to limp with 99 and TT.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Pokertracker stats, give me your thoughts

Overall stats look pretty good. I'll include the cliche sample size response as well. I'm not sure 15.5BB/100 is a sustainable rate over the long run, so you'll need to answer how good your cards have been lately. My VPIP is very similar to yours, even a little bit lower at 12.98%. Your VPSB seems a little high (mine is around 19%) when coordinated with your especially low VPIP. Remember that even though you only have to pay half the blind, I feel that this doesn't make up nearly enough for the awful position you'll be faced with the rest of the hand. PFR could be a little higher, like 6%, but thats just nit picking. Aggression numbers all look pretty good too.

15BB/100 is great. I play the Party $50 right now and I only make 8BB/100. I've heard the typical rate for a great player is between 8-10BB/100, so take it for what it's worth. Otherwise, it looks like you're off to a great start. Play around another 10k hands to make sure you're still winning, then try a jump up to $50.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:20 PM

Well over my first 2000 hands I was running about 27bb/100 and I knew that wouldn't last. Then over the next 1500 hands I hardly won at all. I know 4k hands is nothing, I just want to be on the right track for VP$P, WtSD, and the like.

I had wondered if I should tighten up in the SB some. I definitely play hands from the SB I would never call a full bet with, stuff like T9o or 96s, usually when there are 6-7 limpers, when I have a chance to get paid off when a miracle flop comes. With only 1-3 limpers I do tighten up more from the SB.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:28 PM

I'll play sutied connectors or one gappers from the SB, but both hands you gave an example for I might be inclined to fold (although it's borderline getting 14:1). The problem with a hand like 9To with lots of limpers is that its a drawing hand. If a flop comes 8Q5, you've got a great draw, but no position. You're usually going to face a pot sized bet from one of the 7 limpers. You can't raise him to try and get a free river card because you don't have position. You might be able to call the flop, but if you miss and he makes another pot sized bet on the turn, then you'll rarely have odds to call this as well. I'll still complete with Axs, suited connectors and one gappers greater than 5-6. Just avoid the truly junk draws and I'm sure your SB numbers will go down.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:45 PM

Rusty,

You mention 6 max in your post - but can I assume that for the NL they are 10 seat tables?
Old 08-12-2004, 03:50 PM

yeah, haven't ventured into the 6 max NL yet. All full tables so far.