Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Misery with Pocket Aces

I like Daan's advice, generally i raise with all sorts of hands to add deception when i catch a bomb hand. generally i'll lose by raising these marginal hands but i build a reputation of raising non-premium hands. But when i do play these hands i'm very suspicious of someone coming over the top of me after the flop, so i'll fold if i dont' have a draw to a straight, flush, or boat. by doing so when i do catch my AA i get a caller callling a preflop bet. That way i can make more money with my AA and make up for all my loses betting those marginal hands. If you only raise with AA,KK,QQ,AK and people catch that your not going to win as much as you can cause people will be careful when there in with you. sometimes it's good to lose small amounts to win the big one.

i play with a bunch of guys that raise preflop only with those hands and limp the rest. i already know what i'm getting into if i'm in the hand so it's an easy fold for me w/ a top pair high kicker. just last night i won $100 on AA twice because they thought i was just trying to steal the blinds pre-flop with my ridiculous raise when they had QQ and KK and they came over the top.