Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Poker in December
So that's what's going on. I thought everybody had finally read HPFAP. 0 0%
Nope. Seems lively as ever to me. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2004, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Any Tournament Password Suggestions?

I like code's

baroqueyet?

I'll have an extra cup of coffee in the morning and see if I've got anything of my own....
Old 08-04-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Extra Extra, Read all about it!! NA Team Captain Quits!!!

The North America Team captain codewarrior announced his resignation today!!!

The new team captain's name is GOADWARRIOR!

Also he threatened to ban me from the team if I didn't give him authorship credit for <font color="red">MobyFish</font>!

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2004, 12:25 PM

Default Spank you very much

<font color="red"> So to all you Europeons, go away, or we shall taunt you a second time! </font> [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2004, 08:32 AM

Default To all the Lurkers and Newbies out there:

b]Jump in![/b]

The “2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2” will be a fun event and is for everyone. You don’t have to qualify, or have a certain number of posts. You certainly don’t have to be an expert. There is no limit on the number of players, all are invited.

Getting to play against top 2+2 tournament players at a reasonable buy-in is the best education money can buy! You PAY for your poker tuition. I know of nowhere that you can play against top players at such an affordable price.

We want more players. To those who have watched, read, thought about jumping in to play... The SNG games and the tournaments are FUN. They are also a way to learn poker from some of the BEST!

Getting a chance to play with William, (MobyDick), Praying Mantis (HelmetSky), heyrocker, Poker Jon, thomastem, wayabvpar, Kurn, or Byron is a privelidge! Because I learn something new every time they clean me out (again).

And once in a while, I manage to get bragging rights!

Jump in. You will be glad you did.

Doc [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2004, 02:19 AM

Default Re: To all the Lurkers and Newbies out there:

bump
Old 08-06-2004, 11:15 AM

Default Tournament Proposition Bets

There have been a few questions on the forums and by pm about the side bets mentioned in the tournament post. Here is an explanation of the most common ones.

The bets mentioned in the tournament post are basically proposition bets. A proposition bet is one that is offered by one player, with whatever conditions attached he may specify, and accepted or not by one or more players.

A ”Last Longer” bet is usually a bet between friends (or enemies) that I will last longer, ie: place higher, in the tournament than you will. The bet and amount are agreed to before the tournament.

Another form of last longer bet is Tim Perkin’s, <font color="blue">“I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON &lt;&lt;bounty&gt;&gt;” If you are the player that knocks me out of the tournament then I will pay you $15. If I knock you out of the tournament then you pay me $10.</font> Note that the proposition has terms: <font color="blue">Must accept the bet in advance, must be a member of the NA team, and must both actually play.</font> Not a bad bet for you as it pays 3 to 2, and certainly not a bad bet for Tim as he only has to pay it once. If he wins the tournament, or the person who puts him on the rail has not accepted the wager; then he doesn’t pay it at all. But he can collect on it several times.

A ”Bounty” is sometimes offered simply as an offer of payment placed by one player on someone who is a friend, or an (usually friendly) enemy for whomever takes that person out of the tournament. It is often in the form of “I’ll pay $10 to whomever takes out William!” as an example.

”Ransoms” are forms of proposition bets that are placed on one player by another with some specified set of conditions, but is different from a bounty in that it does not necessarily imply putting the person on the rail.

As an example, in the first NA vs EU tournament William, (who is a good friend of mine. er.... I guess), announced that I had stolen his blinds once too often. Naturally being from Denmark he is on the other team, and somewhat of a suspicious character to begin with....

So, he put out a "ransom" for anyone who could catch me in CO or Button, in an uncalled hand, and won the hand at showdown with me holding any hand not including a pair, an ace or a picture card. The ransom was $10 for anyone who could catch me stealing.

Proposition bets in general are any bet that you can get someone else to agree to the terms of. Think up your own. A few side bets for a tournament, especially among people who know each other, spice up the flavor of the game.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Spank you very much

If you are so scared of losing that you feel the need to try and persuade us to not turn up then I do truly feel pity for you.
Although I don't really blame you, I might even try the same thing if I was a yellow bellied, weak kneed american with no courage (or poker ability) facing the might of far superior opposition.

good luck

Tim
Old 08-06-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Spank you very much

"Behold, I will bring a fear upon thee, North Americans, from all those that be about thee; and ye shall be driven out every man right forth; and none shall flop TPTK or better!"

- Jeremiah 49:5
Old 08-07-2004, 11:16 AM

Default SURVEY ENDS TOMORROW MORNING!

The SURVEY in the “2+2 NORTH AMERICA vs EUROPE CHALLENGE #2” post will end at NOON Sunday EDT Aug 8. The results will be reviewed by both team captains and myself.

The DATE, TIME, and BUYIN for the tournament will be announced early in the afternoon on SUNDAY.

GET YOUR VOTE IN NOW!

This is your opportunity to express your wishes about the tournament!

It looks like we can expect a successful tournament, and good feedback from you as to this and future tournaments. As of 5PM EDT on Friday, 94 people have voted.

ALSO, send your registration so I can send you the password. 46 people are already registered!

Old 08-07-2004, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Codewarrior\'s challenge *BOUNTY*

I accept your challenge, love, and am thus committed.

But come, the bow: now mercy goes to kill,
And shooting well is then accounted ill.
Thus will I save my credit in the shoot:
Not wounding, pity would not let me do't;
If wounding, then it was to show my skill,
That more for praise than purpose meant to kill.
When, for fame's sake, for praise, an outward part,
We bend to that the working of the heart;
As I for praise alone now seek to spill
The poor deer's blood, that my heart means no ill.

Chorus: Do not curst wives hold that self-sovereignty
Only for praise' sake, when they strive to be
Lords o'er their lords?

TaxGoddess: Only for praise; and praise we may afford
To any lady that subdues her lord.

So, here it is the challenge, thus offered and accepted.

TaxGoddess [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

(Love's Labour Lost, Shakespeare, Act IV, Scene i [modified])