Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2004, 10:40 PM

Default I eat my words about ROI and Limits

About 6 months ago I came on here after playing quite a few sit and goes(200+) and was excited to talk about my high ROI figures. Everyone told me that it would not stay that high, but in disbelief I disagreed. I started out in the 5's and maintained a 54% ROI, at the 10's I posted a 56% ROI, when my bankroll was ready for the 20's I knocked out an 86% ROI (Wow, dont know..A game every day?). Just recently, I moved to the 30's and there is no doubt, there is a definitive line b/w your average 20$ sit and go player and your 30$ player. Ive only played about few so far but everything that was said on here is true, it definitely gets harder. Ive placed in 50% but Ive only had one win. I havent been challenged like this for a while, and It'll take some adjustment of my game but I hope I can figure out a way to beat this level solidly too. Thanks for the warning everyone and anyone wondering if their small limit ROI will stay as you move up...I hope it does for you!
ps: I only play on pokerstars
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2004, 01:12 AM

Default Re: I eat my words about ROI and Limits

I play the 9-man stars sng's too.

I reckon 50% ITM and 45% ROI is my holy grail (currently 37% ROI), tho I think the better players may be able to sustain 50% ROI.